Aug 26, 2012

Photo Diary: OC Japan fair 2012

Konnichiwa!

Yesterday we went to the OC Japan fair at the Block of Orange in Southern California. I've been to the fair before, but this is the first time it's been at the Block of Orange. Honestly, I didn't really like the layout of the booths. The mall is pretty huge and the booths were in little clusters of four or five, all spread out through the shops. There was one stage area that had performances and a couple of food areas. I preferred the previous years, where the fair booths were all in one location and it was easier to navigate.
 


My FOTD with Puffy 3 tone grey lens.



On the way to the fair! My lil monkey in the back :)




Girls in maid outfits, dancing to some popular J-pop songs.




Our friends Chris and Kim in their Yukatas. People were asking to take photos of them (and with them lol).



Chris, Kim & my hubby C.



Chris and Kim.



C & me.


We ate a LOT of food, Takoyaki, Okonomiyaki, Yakisoba and crepes. Unfortunately we were so eager to eat, I didn't get any photos of the food :( It was a fun day, but the fair didn't have as many booths as I thought it would. The layout was a bummer too, hopefully next year they'll rethink the venue.

Hope you guys had a great weekend! :)

5 comments:

  1. OMG, I would have loved to go. Looked like it was a blast! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun! Do you have anything like this over there in Florida?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of an event like this but I've got my eyes peeled now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rainy Mabbit8/26/2012 4:46 PM

    wow Kim is so Japanized. I can't even wear Yukata by myself:( 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, she said it was a long and frustrating process. I wouldn't even know where to start lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...