May 23, 2011

Manicure Monday: Essie Turquoise & Caicos with Nubar 2010

Hey Beauties!

Summer is just around the corner and I am breaking out the brights again. Turquoise is one of my all time favourite colours so when I saw this one lonely bottle of Turquoise & Caicos sitting on the shelf at my local Walmart, I automatically grabbed for it before I even knew what I was doing. I used to be pretty conservative with my nail polish, sticking with pinks and reds and the good old french mani, but since I’ve become a reader (stalker) of nail polish blogs I have broadened my horizons A LOT. Therefore, while before I would have reserved this shade for pedicures, now I eagerly painted it on my nails as a tribute to Summer.

I layered 1 thick coat of Nubar 2010 over 3 thin coats of Essie Turquoise & Caicos and 1 coat of Rush top coat. Essie T&C is pretty sheer, so if I was wearing it by itself I probably would have gone 4 thin coats or 3 thicker coats.

DSC_0917

DSC_0937

Nubar 2010 is absolutely gorgeous over everything! I love the effect here so much, the sparkly flakies over the vibrant turquoise reminds me of the sparkling ocean in the islands of Malaysia. We went to Tioman Island for a holiday with my Aunt, Uncle and baby niece (can’t believe she’s a teenager now!!) when I was a kid and I’ve always remembered those beautiful turquoise waters.

Tioman-Beach-Main

I’m going to try and keep up regular nail posts, hence ‘Manicure Monday’. I have some Urban Decay polishes I’ve been meaning to try out, so look out for one next week :)

Ishah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...