Oct 17, 2011

Manicure Monday: Layering with ORLY


Hello, my Beauties!

It’s been too long since I’ve posted.. I am definitely getting back into the swing of things though and I have HEAPS of stuff to review :) Today I have some ORLY nail products.

Now, my first impression of ORLY Sec n Dry topcoat wasn’t a good one; it dried super fast, but it also shrank and peeled and generally sucked as a topcoat. After some trial and error, I discovered it works beautifully when combined with ORLY Bonder base coat and a good wrapping technique on the tips. It lasts me a good week - week and a half without chipping or peeling.


DSC_0431


I also picked up ORLY Bare Rose from their French Manicure collection. It’s a sheer rosy pink that looks really pretty by itself and even better layered over glitters. For this mani, I layered 1 coat of Bonder, 1 coat of Bare Rose, 1 coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust, another 2 coats of Bare Rose and 1 coat of Sec n Dry.


DSC_0183


I love the soft, glittery effect; it looks like fairy floss (cotton candy) with sparkles :) It’s subtle, but in the sunlight Fairy Dust really lights up and looks amazing. The layering gives it a sparkly jelly look. This is definitely one of my favourite simple manis that I can see myself wearing on a regular basis.

Here’s another combo: 1 coat Bonder, 1 coat OPI Met on the Internet, 1 coat Milani Gems, 2 coats Bare Rose, 1 coat Sec n Dry.


DSC_0421DSC_0415


I liked this one, but not as much as the first combo with Fairy Dust. This one was more noticable and Gems definitely gave a jewel-like sparkle to my nails. I think this would be a good Christmas mani, the colours were like ornaments and tinsel! The layering made it look like the glitter was suspended in a sheer pink polish and really smoothed it out and made it look flawless. I’m definitely going to be using Bare Rose a lot with my glitters! Usually I hesitate to use Gems as it can be a pain to take off, but I found that removal was a bit better because the glitter was encased in layers of nail polish and came off quite easily.

Do you like to layer sheer polish over glitters? I want to try a ‘candy mani’!

Look forward to lots of posts from me :) I am back with a vengeance and will endeavour to post frequently!

Ishah xx

7 comments:

  1. MsPrettyfulGirl10/17/2011 11:16 AM

    I LOVE, just love, Bare Rose and Fairy Dust. Sooo pretty! Really great post. I've never tried a sheer polish over a glitter one. Hmm, I may just have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both manis look very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely a favourite of mine :) I'm planning to wear that combo today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makemommychic10/17/2011 7:24 PM

    Hi, Welcome back! Hope that all is well :) I really love your nail posts, your nails always look like they're done professionally. I love the Opi I met on the internet shade. That would be nice on the toes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Met on the Internet is gorgeous, I'm definitely going to try it as a pedicure. Hope you're doing well also :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know Bare Rose but that's a great polish! thanks for sharing ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...