Aug 26, 2011

FOTD Friday - Playing with Photoshop

Happy Friday Beauties!!

My poor #1 son is sick, so while he is sleeping and recuperating I snatched a little time to post :)

Lately I've been playing with photoshop (mostly out of vanity/fun... somewhat for professional interest!) and manipulating images to make them look 'like me but better'. It's not something I plan to do all the time (takes way too long) but it's fun and I am liking the results.

Of course, if I am reviewing a product then I wouldn't photoshop anything that affects the readers perception of that product (such as photoshopping blemishes when I'm reviewing a foundation.. or photoshopping extra lashes when reviewing a mascara!). That would be counterproductive and deceptive to you guys and I definitely don't want to fool anyone. I'm basically doing this for fun :)

Anyway, here are some pictures I have been playing with!
 

DSC_0022OliveWingGreen2

DSC_0021OliveWingGreen


It’s kind of like that ‘spot the difference’ game…

Products used -


Face:
Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream, # 31
Hello Kitty Memoirs of a Kitty palette, peach blush

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion, Sin
Urban Decay Eyeshadow, Flash
Urban Decay Eyeshadow, Snatch
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eyeliner, Zero
e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Treat & Tame, Medium


Lips:
NYX MegaShine Lipgloss, Lala


I’m wearing my new Geo/Olive Wing green lenses in these photos, which I will be reviewing soon! They are subtle but really pretty :)

What do you guys think of photoshopping on blogs? I think if you’re reviewing a product then you should not do any photoshopping of that specific feature, but I don’t see anything wrong with photoshopping blemishes on your forehead when you’re reviewing lipgloss. I think it’s fun, but I don’t think I’d have the patience to do it all the time, like some of the bloggers I follow (like Cheesie and Xiaxue).

Let me know your thoughts!

Ishah xx

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you. If you are doing a look of the day and have a zit, I don't see any reason not to photoshop it out. But if you were dong a concealer review, that would be different.

    I like the contacts; makes your eye color very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I love that they're not fake looking but give a nice impact! :) It's nice to change up the eye colour once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! When you review a product then photoshopping your pics /swatches would change the result too much. These photos here look very good :)
    I´d like to see the lenses review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks shopped. I can tell from the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :) I will get on that lenses review asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'm far from an expert! lol, as I said just doing it for fun and practice. Hopefully I'll get better as I go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna A Hodge9/12/2011 3:34 AM

    i totally agree. super glad i found your blog. i'm following. I'd love if you'd check out my celebrity fashion and style blog and see if your interested in following too. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...