Jul 5, 2012

4th of July NOTD & FOTD


Hey Beauties!

If you're in the US I hope you're not too hungover from yesterday's festivities! I didn't drink, but I'm not exactly a morning person... Anyway, I actually made an effort with my nails and makeup for the 4th of July so I thought I'd share it with you.... and it's an excuse to post pictures of myself.

Here's my attempt to do drag art. Errrr let's just say it's a good thing I only did one nail.



Yeah I need more practice. I put glitter over it in the hopes of concealing it's flaws.


I stuck with the classic red, white and blue because I am predictable lol. I'm not exactly patriotic, being that I'm Australian..... But our flag colours are red, white and blue anyway so W/E  





For my makeup, I didn't want too harsh of a red lip so I did my good old blotting trick with Eyeko Lip Lover to soften it up and added Maybelline Baby Lips Cherry Me to make it a little juicier. I wore Benefit Hello Flawless foundation in Toasted Beige and it didn't quite cover my dark circles.. I'm too used to wearing my Missha BB cream and not having to use concealer! I put a neutral shadow all over my lid and up to the browbone, then used Urban Decay eyeshadow in Painkiller and liquid liner in Perversion to line my upper eyelid. I used a white liner to line my waterline and Urban Decay Super Curl Curling mascara on my top and bottom lashes. I put a couple of individual lashes that I got from Daiso on the outer corners of my eyes and wore my Puffy 3 Tone Grey circle lens.


Outdoor lighting





Indoor lighting


Super shiny! Lol.

These are the shoes I wore, super cute denim wedges from Payless of all places. I was in there looking for kids' shoes and saw them on sale for $9! Super bargain and they're really comfortable.


If you do the 4th of July thing, how did you celebrate? We ended up having a BBQ with my husband's family..... it was... er yeah, well anyway next year I am definitely making plans with our friends, lol. Drama is not on my 4th of July menu. Hope you all had a great day and here's looking forward to the weekend! Only 2 days to go :D



8 comments:

  1. Are you not a cutey!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more drama mama. You look lovely Ishah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Hope you had a great night at Ladera :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a super sweet look. I especially love the headband + bun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely, white liner gave your eyes some special power :) awesome! and I love your drag art more then the original

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thanks :) I'm going to keep practicing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Call me girly, I'm obsessed with headbands and bows!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...