Jul 16, 2012

Manicure Monday: Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color in Graphite Gravity

My very first magnetic nail polish is a brand new offering from Sally Hansen!

Magnetic polishes have been out for a while, but I hadn't felt the urge to go out and buy one yet. Enter the Summer Beauty VoxBox from Influenster. Included in this month's box was a full sized Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color - I received Graphite Gravity, an aptly named graphite dark grey with a curved wave design. I think the design may be the same for all the shades in this range. The magnet is embedded in the removable outer cap and has a plastic ridge that you set on your finger above the nail, so as not to touch the magnet on the polish.




Some tips for the best application:
  • Remember to shake the bottle well before you apply, to activate the magnetic ingredients;
  • Apply base coat and then a single layer of the Magnetic Nail Color to all nails;
  • Allow nails to dry;
  • Apply a thick second coat to one nail and then immediately hold the magnet over the polish;
  • Continue one by one for each nail;
  • Lift the magnet after 10 seconds and you'll see the design - in this instance, a curved wave design;
  • Allow all nails to dry and apply top coat.

Natural outdoor light




Lid with removable outer cap & magnet





Indoor artificial light




The formula was very easy to apply, with some slight dragging, but it leveled out in the end under the topcoat.

I think I may not have applied the second coat thickly enough, because the pattern wasn't quite as drastic as I had expected it to be. At first I was a bit disappointed, but the subtle shift in shade has grown on me and I find myself constantly glancing at my nails.


I definitely want to try some other shades in this collection and also maybe a few other brands (China Glaze comes to mind!). The ease of application and pattern that you can't easily replicate using other methods definitely attracts me towards magnetic polish (lol bad pun).


Have you tried magnetic polish before? Are you planning to?




Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color polishes are available at chain drug stores, food stores and mass merchandisers nationally.

Suggested Retail Price: $9.99

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried a magnetic polish before but I quite like how they look :)


    Chelle x
    http://chellesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them! It's a pretty easy way to get some nail art on your tips :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...