Jul 10, 2012

Yellow and Pink Dotted Gradient Nails.

Good morning :)

One of my favourite nail blogs is Chalkboard Nails. She always posts beautiful nail art and polish swatches and her ideas are super innovative. I got the idea for this dotted gradient mani from a post she did last month called 'Gradient Dot Manicure'. Her original version is absolutely stunning and I can only aspire to acheive that level of perfection ;) Practice makes perfect! I still have a little ways to go.

I wanted to do something fun and bright, playing on the two accent nail trend that's going on at the moment.


Natural indoor light.


2 coats of Spoiled by Wet n Wild Designated Driver on my index and middle fingers, with dots of Sinful Colors Star Fish and Wet n Wild French White Creme. 2 coats of Sinful Colors Star Fish on my ring and pinky fingers, with dots of Spoiled by Wet n Wild Designated Driver and Wet n Wild French White Creme. Top coat is Kiss Me NAIL MENTE Top Coat which is a great quick dry TC that gives the look of gel nails and LASTS. I love this little beauty, will do a proper review on it soon.



Direct sunlight.


Direct sunlight.

Indirect sunlight.

Blurry right hand shot!


Although it isn't quite as clean as Chalkboard Nails' original, I really like the effect and they look fun and colourful. I'll definitely be trying this again, with a bunch of different shades. Next time I might try it on a nude base with some neons!

What do you think of the dotted gradient look? Is it something you might try? I think it's great for nail art beginners like me, as all you need are a couple of different sized dotting tools.


10 comments:

  1. Love this! I need to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You did a great job and I love the flip flop of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautybymissl7/11/2012 5:23 AM

    Cute! Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I've been getting compliments on it, thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should! It's such a fun mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rainy mabbit7/16/2012 2:48 PM

    I love the dotted gradient design!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see your take on it :) I know you could come up with something awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...