Aug 1, 2011

Manicure Monday: Gel manicure & nail art.

Hey Beauties! Long time no post, I know.. It’s been crazy in the House of Beauty Mama lately! I have a lot of products to review, including a new BB Cream, some Dolly Wink products and new circle lenses! So stay tuned in the next few weeks.

My lovely friend Mai does gel manicures and beautiful nail art, so I asked her to do mine in exchange for dinner ;)

She used BellaForma for the base and top coat and the salmon pink colour is CalGel. She said it usually takes 2 hours, but it took a bit longer because we were talking the whole time, hehe :) She did a basecoat, cured for 3 minutes under UV light, then I think 2 coats of the salmon pink, each coat cured for 3 minutes, then she did the glitter and a coat of topcoat and put the rhinestones on (cured again for 3 minutes) then another coat of topcoat (cured for 3 minutes). The best part is, it’s fully dry after curing so no worries about ruining your mani!

DSC_0658

Mai brought these super cute cupcakes so I did a mini photoshoot with my new mani!

DSC_0633

DSC_0650DSC_0648DSC_0645

DSC_0638


The manicure lasted about 8 days with no chipping or peeling and would have lasted longer but I kept picking at the rhinestones and ended up peeling the gel off myself =_=.. Next time I will exercise more self control.

It’s soak off gel, so it was less harsh on my nails and they didn’t split or peel or feel brittle after removal. I loved the whole experience and will definitely get a gel manicure again! I really want to learn how to do it myself, so hopefully Mai will teach me :D

Have any of you had any good/bad experiences with gel? Are you thinking of trying it out?

Ishah xx

10 comments:

  1. I haven't tried gel yet but your nails look so cute I'm loving the salmon color and glitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle D Wray8/02/2011 9:00 AM

    gorgeous mani and those cupcakes look amazing!

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I love salmon pink, it's really fresh and summery :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) The cupcakes were super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cupcakes indeed look sooooooo yummy. Delish!! I used to loooove acrylics and gel nails back in the day but now I prefer doing my own nails. Absolutely loving the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer to my own nails as well, I am looking into getting a gel system for myself! Hopefully it's not too difficult to learn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with the no-smudge factor too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love CalGel nails. Mine last a long time,but after two weeks I find myself peeling them off too. =/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two weeks, you did better than me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candice Tucker8/06/2011 1:08 PM

    I love the gel manicure! Have been getting them the last 6 months... they last 2 weeks easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...