Jul 24, 2012

Saran Wrap Nails - Mint & Purple.

Hello, hello.

Meant to post this yesterday, but omfg I needed to catch up on some sleep. Between a long ass day at the OC Fair, super loud meowing cats and kids rolling onto each other's beds and waking each other up at 2am, I have been utterly exhausted the past 3 days. I managed to have a nap yesterday afternoon when I was supposed to be writing this up, thank heavens for Netflix...... distracted the kids so I could doze (in the same room) brokenly though, as they constantly jump on the bed and climb on me lol.

ANYWAY, I saw this tutorial for Saran Wrap nails on Nailed It and just had to try it. I have been wanting to do water marbling for a while now, but I cringe at the thought of clean up afterwards, so I had been avoiding it. This alternative is gorgeous and a lot less messy!




As a base, I used ORLY Bonder, then 2 coats of Wet n Wild French White Creme.




I used one coat of Sinful Colors Open Seas on my index and middle fingers, Confetti Belle of the Ball on my ring and pinky fingers and gave them the Saran Wrap treatment. Topcoat is Kiss Me Nail Mente topcoat.





I really like how it turned out, it reminds me of a watercolour painting :) I might try a pastel over a pastel next time, to enhance that dreamy, impressionist effect. The best part is, it's sooooo easy to do! If you've been feeling a bit daunted about trying water marbling, or toothpick nail art, try this. I guarantee you can't mess it up (ok, please don't hold me to that...). I would recommend doing a thick coat of nail polish and quickly using the saran wrap while it is still quite wet. If you wait too long, the polish gets tacky and doesn't lift away from the base coat very well.

I'm having a lot of fun trying out new nail art and getting lots of inspiration from some very talented nail bloggers!

Have you tried this style before? Does it look like something you think you could attempt?


6 comments:

  1. wow they look nice!! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I need to attempt this and see how I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminded me of your toothpick marbling, but much easier for a nail art beginner like me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely! Link me if you try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautybymissl7/24/2012 10:45 PM

    IT looks great! I have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADRIANA Andaluz7/25/2012 11:04 PM

    Ohhh, I need to try this, it looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...