Nov 6, 2012

Polish Days - MAN-icure: Butter London All Hail The Queen matte with glossy tips




The theme for this month's Polish Days is in support of a good cause; Men's Health! In particular, testicular cancer. Since it's 'Movember', it's a great month to get out there and spread awareness and encourage the men in your life to look after their health.

I was thinking about doing a 'Movember Mustache' mani, but I was doing it late at night and I guess tiredness was preventing me from getting the little 'mo' just right.. After a couple of failed attempts, I went with a crown design instead, which reminds me of a man's crest or insignia that was used mainly in England and Europe. How fitting that the base colour for this manicure is Butter London All Hail The Queen. I mattified it with Butter London Matte Finish Top Coat, because matte manis look a little more masculine to me, but did a glossy tip just for some variation.






It's sort of abstract, but I do feel that the overall feel of this manicure is more masculine. The matte beige and the crown make me think of a crown insignia on a medal, button or coat of arms.

Source: Etsy

I really like the outcome of this mani, it's different to what I would usually do and I have been wanting to try the matte nail/glossy tip look for a while now.

Check out the other posts in this month's Polish Days: MAN-icure theme!



10 comments:

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...