Nov 5, 2012

My Favourite Fall/Winter Lipstick Shades: Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick



As the weather changes (very slowly here in Southern California), I am starting to wear more Fall/Winter appropriate colours. I really like the texture and opacity of the Wet n Wild Megalast lipsticks, so when they had their BOGO free sale, I picked up a few shades that looked just right for this season. I usually gravitate towards brights; pinks, oranges and peaches, which are great for Spring and Summer, but start to look a bit out of sync with the cooler weather. These are my Fall/Winter picks!



 902C Bare It All, 967 Dollhouse Pink, 901B Think Pink, 908C Sugar Plum Fairy, 907C Mauve Outta Here.

 902C Bare It All, 967 Dollhouse Pink, 901B Think Pink, 908C Sugar Plum Fairy, 907C Mauve Outta Here.

 902C Bare It All, 967 Dollhouse Pink, 901B Think Pink, 908C Sugar Plum Fairy, 907C Mauve Outta Here.


 902C Bare It All, 967 Dollhouse Pink, 901B Think Pink, 908C Sugar Plum Fairy, 907C Mauve Outta Here.



 902C Bare It All, 967 Dollhouse Pink, 901B Think Pink, 908C Sugar Plum Fairy, 907C Mauve Outta Here. (Flash)


The texture on all of these is quite creamy, but I did prefer them with lip balm underneath. They aren't super drying like some semi-matte lipsticks though, and don't show flaky dry skin as much as I expected them to. They are all very pigmented and apply smoothly and evenly. I have noticed that they wear slightly more in the centre, but stay on for around 4 hours without having to reapply. I also ate lunch wearing Sugar Plum Fairy and it faded slightly, but still looked ok without reapplication.



Bare It All is a soft, beige nude which is very close to my skin colour. I have quite pigmented lips and this covers my natural pink very well. I love wearing this under a clear gloss for that nude lips look that is very popular in Gyaru makeup.



Dollhouse Pink is a cool toned pink which is more suitable for the cooler winter months. I don't usually wear cool shades, but this one is really pretty and I think I could pull it off with some darker neutral eyeshadows, maybe a grey or brown smoky eye
.


Think Pink is a beige peachy pink which went on a little chalky, but I managed to blend out nicely. I think nude beige colours are perfect for this time of year, especially if you shy away from the darker, vampier shades.



Speaking of vampy, Sugar Plum Fairy is a beautiful plummy burgundy, which goes on slightly more red-toned than it looks in the tube. This is really bright, but definitely a perfect Fall shade.



Mauve Outta Here is a lovely, soft, feminine mauve shade. It's classic and girly without looking too dated. I really like wearing this one when I want a more elegant look. I love the semi-matte finishes on all of these!


Wet n Wild MegaLast lipsticks come in such a huge variety of shades, it's easy to find something for every occasion or season. I have had a good experience with all of the shades I've tried so far and although they aren't perfect, they can wear unevenly and be slightly drying, I think they are well-worth the $1.99 price tag. Since I got these BOGO free, I'm even happier with the value! :D

These are the shades I'll be wearing this season! I prefer to stay away from anything too dark or brownish, as they tend to wash me out. I much prefer a soft, classic look to get me through all those Holiday parties and get togethers.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful swatches! i think i have most of those colors :) I haven't tried them though because I usually have that "How am i supposed to pull this off?" kind of problem. so much thought to go into what kind of eyemakeup works... and for the more daring colors, i think styling your hair could sometimes mean the difference between trendy vs tacky. so much work! i will just admire the lipsticks for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I think a nice smoky eye is perfect for more bold colours, while a nude lip looks great with cat eye black liner :) Hair makes all the difference! I am lazy sometimes, but thank goodness for the high bun lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...