Nov 25, 2012

$OPI It's Real 18K Gold Top Coat: 3 different nail looks.

As you may know, Sephora by OPI ($OPI) jumped on the bandwagon with the whole Real Gold Leaf top coat craze. The difference with this top coat is that the gold leaf pieces are smaller and finer than a lot of the others.

 


I really like the look of this top coat and have worn it over a few different shades to see how I prefer it.  Check out the nail looks I did with the gold leaf top coat below :)

Sinful Colors Social Ladder with 1 coat $OPI It's Real 18K Gold Top Coat






Color Zone unnamed blue polish with 1 coat $OPI It's Real 18K Gold Top Coat on accent nail





Essie Stylenomics with 2 coats $OPI It's Real 18K Gold Top Coat on accent nail





The gold flakes definitely stand out most against the darker polish, but I love the subtle glow it gives the pearly lighter shade and the vibrant look it has against the bright blue. If you prefer a finer look for your gold leaf, this one is definitely the way to go. I think of all the gold leaf top coats I prefer the look of this one and Zoya Gilty, as they aren't as chunky as the others. The $OPI It's Real 18K Gold Top Coat is on sale on the Sephora website for $15 and I've heard some people picked it up at the JC Penny Sephora for only $8!

I think these are gorgeous for the holiday season, but I have a hard time using it, knowing it's actual gold!! I just want to hoard it lol. I'm glad this one came down to $15, because I felt more justified in buying it.

Have you fallen into the Gold Leaf top coat frenzy?

8 comments:

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...