Dec 10, 2012

Life Update: New Baby, Birthdays and more.

The past two weeks have been a whirlwind.

My beautiful baby boy was born a little over a week ago and after much debating, arguments, tears (on my part) and compromise, we named him Cassius :)


He is a beautiful, happy baby who just wants to eat, sleep and quietly listen to what's going on around him. My older two boys were so happy and excited to meet him and have been extremely good with their little baby brother. I feel very blessed and content and I am recovering from a natural birth very quickly :) Having my husband and Mum around to help has been really great.

On Saturday we went down to Santa Monica pier and met up with an old friend of mine from Australia. It was a nice day, spent walking around, taking photos, shopping and drinking ice cold milkshakes even though it got freezing after the sun went down.

Cassius slept pretty much the whole time. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.





That night we had dinner at Kaido Sushi on Santa Monica Blvd, it was quite good.


Crunchy Roll, Unagi Roll and Rainbow Roll


Sunday was my 27th birthday. It's strange, but as the years go by I feel less and less excited by birthdays. This one passed very quietly, a gift from my Mum and the kids in the morning and then a little cake from my lovely friends at a Christmas party we attended.


Since it's my husband's birthday as well (yes, we're on the same day), we are thinking of just going out to dinner some time during the week and having some alone time. Since he hasn't gotten me a gift yet, I'll be posting a 'holiday' (and birthday) gift wishlist in the next couple of days ;) Let's see if he actually reads my blog, ha!

Well, I hope you all had a great weekend and please forgive me if my updates are sporadic (more so than usual)... My lovely friend Mai will be doing a guest post on a nail art tutorial and ... a giveaway! Stay tuned, I think you will definitely like what she has in store :)

And don't forget to enter the Blogazons $500 Giftcard Giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. Melanie Davis12/10/2012 4:27 PM

    Congratulations, and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G....will you look at that face??? He's all smiley. I love it. What a precious boy. And I'm so glad you got your name pick! And girl no, you HAVE to make every birthday a big deal. I'll be 28 in less than a month and still plan to somehow celebrate. You so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I have to make an effort to do something! Next year, next year ;) I hope your birthday is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...