Dec 20, 2012

Melty Ice Cream nail art: China Glaze It's a Trap-eze & Something Sweet


So, my ridiculously lovely and generous friend Malisa saw my wishlist post and for my birthday got me China Glaze It's A Trap-eze from the Cirque du Soleil collection! Thank you, thank you, thank you Malisa!

I desperately wanted this polish because it's a gorgeous milky, colourful glitter and also because of the name. I'm a meme lover.



Well, it's even more awesome than I expected it to be and I had to put it on straight away. I had been dying to try out a nail art look I saw on Chalkboard Nails, so I used It's A Trap-eze and China Glaze Something Sweet and had at it. Hers is absolutely gorgeous, mine is but a humble homage to her greatness :)




Cirque du Soleil It's a trap-eze

It's A Trap-eze Cirque du Soleil

China Glaze Cirque du Soleil

Lookit all that yummy glitter *drool* °_°

nail art china glaze

I did three coats of Something Sweet on my index and pinky, then two coats of It's A Trap-eze on my middle and ring fingers. It was opaque in just two coats, PERFECTTTT. Then I got a dotting tool and did dots of Something Sweet over It's A Trap-eze as the ends of the drips, then used a thin nail art brush to connect the drips to the line at the top. It's really pretty easy, since you don't have to be super precise. Then I did two coats of top coat to even out the texture and give it a nice glossy shine.

This look reminded me of melting ice cream cake, which then resulted in me getting this ridiculous song stuck in my head....



Ice cream, ice cream, i-i-ice cream paint job...






Close up of an accent nail.

I'm so in love with this look and with It's A Trap-eze in general! A gorgeous milky glitter that's opaque in 2 coats, what more could a girl want? Maybe an ice cream cake? I really want more of these milky glitters, they look so pretty.

Does anyone know of other polishes that have the same effect? I think the Japanese brand pa makes some. Have you picked up any of the China Glaze Cirque du Soleil polishes?

2 comments:

  1. This looks so pretty!!! I have a tony moly polish that has the same milky effect, and I believe innisfree makes some milky glitters, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh thanks, I'll have to look those up :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...