Jul 30, 2012

Manicure Monday: Pink & Grey - The epitome of simple & girly.

Honestly, I'm not really a grey kind of person... or so I thought!

I've found that this colour is actually super chic and looks really pretty with a sweet pastel/baby pink. I wanted to try Zoya Dove, from the Intimates collection, but didn't want it to look too boring.. so I decided to jazz it up a little bit by adding some nail stickers I got eons ago at Sally Beauty.

Natural light


This is 3 coats of Zoya Dove with two of the bow stickers. I thought they looked a bit plain, so I added two longer stripes (supposed to be ribbon tails I guess..?) with Kiss nail art polish.

Direct sunlight


Natural light



I really love the look of Dove, it's such a perfect muted grey, without looking stark or too blueish. The formula was ok, a bit runny and patchy in places which is why I need 3 coat. Not too bad though, Zoya is usually pretty good formula-wise. My topcoat is one coat of ORLY Sec n Dry over the polish, then the nail stickers and nail art polish, then one coat of Kiss Me Nail Mente topcoat to seal the stickers.

I really need to do a proper review on the Nail Mente, it's such a good topcoat.

Incidentally.. this mani kind of reminds me of my signature down the bottom of the post! Yeah, I just noticed that.

That's all for today, loves... It's ridiculously hot out here in inland SoCal so I haven't been wearing much makeup lately. I hope to do a FOTD post soon!


6 comments:

  1. beautybymissl7/30/2012 3:08 AM

    adorable mani! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine Huston7/30/2012 5:02 AM

    Looks gorgeous - perfect for the range too! "Intimates!" 
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Now i'm thinking I should do a lingerie inspired mani with some polishes from the collection :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was excited to discover this website. I wanted to thank you
    for ones time for this fantastic read!! I definitely savored every little
    bit of it and i also have you saved to fav to check out new stuff on your web site.


    Review my webpage air conditioner servicing Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ƭhe 4tɦ main form of spider solitaire solitaire іs actually Klondike spidxer solitaire solitaire
    ѡhich is probably thе moѕt well known. Alll օf those
    other charge cards are usսally proved helpful inside teams օff
    about three onn to аny diecard lot. I lіke tto The baking,
    Vocal, Studying, spider solitaire, аlong wіth spending time wіth my
    own Mommyy and a couple οf sisters.

    ʟook іnto my page :: solitaire download, http://spidersolitairedownload247.yolasite.com,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...