May 26, 2012

Photo Diary: Fun & Sun with friends in SoCal

Hello Beauteous Creatures!

Last week Julie, a friend of mine from Australia, came to LA on a 1 week holiday.

She won a contest to "live like Katy Perry for a week" or some such thing. I guess this means living it up around Hollywood, going on a shopping spree etc. She even got to shop with a celebrity stylist who helped her pick out some killer outfits! Sounds like a lot of fun huh? :)

We met up with her and her cousin and got to hang out a couple of times.

First we met them at Downtown Disney, after they had spent the day at Disneyland. We went and had dinner at House of Blues.

Julie and I at Downtown Disney.



Please don't look too closely at this picture, or you'll see where I photoshopped myself skinnier to look better standing next to this twig of a girl!!!! She's way too gorgeous. Now that I've said it, you're totally looking for it.

^ I have too much free time.

Julie with her Sephora bag! She was so excited to shop there as they don't have Sephora in Australia.



Her makeup goodies! I totally stole half these pics from Julie's facebook.



The total came up to like $400 (including a few gifts she bought that aren't pictured). WTF why is makeup so expensive?? -_- I am a beauty blogger asking this question...


Lego Genie, Aladdin and Jasmine. They make they craziest stuff at the Lego store! I love it.


I love Downtown Disney so much. Even if you're not going to Disneyland, there's so much to do and see it's worth checking it out if you're in the area. My favourites are the Lego store, Build-A-Bear workshop, Sephora and the Disney store!


The second time we met up with them, we went down to Santa Monica Pier



Such a beautiful sunny SoCal day! Perfect weather <3 This is one of the main reasons I love living in this area, I'm such a beach person. Not necessarily to swim, but I love being near the water, the feel of the sand, sun and the breeze. It's terrible, but I love to tan.

Camho pic of me with the ferris wheel



Julie and her cousin Dan.



I didn't get any photos with them, because we were all running late with the traffic and they only had a limited time to hang out before they had to go and meet up with the stylist that took Julie on her shopping tour. So jealous, it would be so much fun to have a professional stylist help you shop! I need to get rich and hire one.


Me and my husband on the beach.




It's so difficult to get him to pose for pictures. I always want to take a million in order to get a perfect pic, but he gets annoyed with it too easily lol. Why can't I have a vain husband to camwhore with???


Instagram pic of the pier




That night we went to Universal CityWalk, which is right outside Universal Studios. They had wanted to go to Universal Studios as well, but ran out of time on their trip. There really is just so much to do in LA, it's hard to fit it all into 1 week.

Outside Universal Studios




I love the lights and neon signs from all the different stores.




Random King Kong, just hanging out (get it... 'hanging'.. ok, I'll stop)




It was so much fun to see friends from home and show them a few places they might not have gone to otherwise. I find that I always get out and do more when I have people to take out and show around. Isn't it funny how we always neglect to do the things that are always around us, but would do it if we were visiting and only had a limited time to be in an area? I guess we tend to take it for granted that those things will always be there, so we put it off.

I'm hoping that we'll get out and around LA more, so I'll be sure to share all the pics with you guys!


1 comment:

  1. I need to to thank you for this fantastic read!! I definitely loved every little
    bit of it. I've got you bookmarked to check out new things
    you post…

    Here is my web blog somatodrol funciona [http://achimpk.hosting.paran.com/xe/travel/592552]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...