Apr 1, 2013

How To Do Two Toned Lips! Runway Trend Made Easy

Two Toned lips are all over runways and fashion magazines at the moment. I think it's one of the hottest trends for Spring and Summer, so I wanted to show you a few super easy ways to do it using drugstore makeup!

No. 1 - Bright Coral and Orange:

Products Used - Maybelline Vivids Lipsticks in Electric Orange and Shocking Coral. Pink and orange is the one I most wanted to try, it looks so high fashion and edgy! I wanted to use a pink that was similarly toned, so I chose a bright, warm coral pink. I used two lipsticks from the same line so I knew they had a similar formula and finish. It was very simple, just applied Shocking Coral on the top and Electric Orange on the bottom. Viola!



No. 2 - Shades of Pink.

Products used: Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick in Dollhouse Pink and Mauve Outta Here. For a more subtle two toned look, using two different but complementing shades of pink does the trick. This is Wet n Wild Dollhouse Pink on the top and Mauve Outta Here on the bottom. This is a good way to just dip your toe into a high fashion look that makes it more wearable for every day. You could also do this with two tones of red!


For something a little more elaborate, check out this post I did on an ombre lip look using lipstick and gold eyeshadow:


For more info and how I did it, click here!

All three looks are super easy to do, but the last one is probably the most wearable. You also don't have to worry about messing it up if you press your lips together, whereas the first two, you have to be careful not to smudge the colours.

I'm so excited about all the Spring Trends, there are so many vibrant, edgy looks to try!

What Spring Trend are you loving?

5 comments:

  1. I've always been a fan of ombre lips, I actually do a pink & peach frequently in the spring and summer that's similar to your last more wearable style. Great way to switch things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll have to try pink and peach, that sounds pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I love the first look, you're right - the coral looks awesome with the pink!


    XO
    aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes when I take pictures I see that my lips are actually ombre. It shocks me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the red and gold ombre lips. Super pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...