Oct 27, 2013

Hue In The City Girls Chat 2: What Makeup Rules Do You Ignore?


Question of the Week:

What makeup rules do you ignore?


Let's be honest... I ignore a whole lot of 'makeup rules'. Makeup is so much fun to play with, why should there be so many rules?? I think you should just go with what you like and what makes you feel good. Some rules are common sense, like using primer to make your products more vibrant and long lasting, but some rules are just silly and frankly outdated. Here are the rules I think need to be thrown out!

1. Don't match your eyeshadow with your lipstick - actually I think having all one shade can look really pretty and fresh when done well. I like to use shades of pink! Nowadays this is getting popular, it's called the monochomatic look.
2. Never apply makeup with your fingers - if you wash your hands before applying your makeup, there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, I think my Missha BB cream looks best when blended with my fingers, and to get a pretty, natural lip look I dab on colour with a fingertip.
3. Only focus on one feature - Yes, for everyday, for picking up the kids from school or for work it might be better to keep the focus on one feature, but makeup is getting so much more daring and colourful now! A striking smoky eye with a bold lip can look polished and complete your overall look.

What makeup rules do you ignore?

The best reads of the week from the Hue in the City girls:

  • Leticia is going to show you how to do awesome nail art with short nails.
  • Ishah reviews the infamous Diamond Candle. Did she score a diamond?
  • Eugenia creates a nice green and orange look using Fyrinnae.
  • Mina reviews L’Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder makeup.
  • Jessica thinks your lips should be ruby red during the fall.
  • Melody played with the Maybelline Master Duo liners.
  • Quinn found five blushes that are Fall perfect.
  • Mai has perfect swatches of the Dreamworld Hermetica Hocus Pocus Eyeshadow collection.
  • Aprill wants to know what you have to hide with toe concealer.

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand the don't use your fingers rule. Sometimes it is faster or looks better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I definitely agree! I find it makes eyeshadow application on my lids much easier and more precise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...