Jul 12, 2011

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss – La La and Nude Pink

Hey Beauties :)

These are the two Mega Shine glosses I got in my NYX haulNude Pink and LaLa.

DSC_1225 (Small)

From the NYX website:

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss
$5.50
Kiss me quick! Our signature Mega Shine Lip Gloss delivers shine, moisture and softness and envelops lips with glistening color. The finish is both creamy and steamy and ensures knockout glamour. A blend of mineral and lanolin oils helps protect the pout. Available in 64 almost sinful lip gloss shades.

INGREDIENTS: Polybutene, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline wax, Lanolin oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Perfume, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, and B.H.T. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100) , D&C Red No.28 (CI 45410), D&C Red No.34 (CI 15880), D&C Red No. 36 (CI 12085), or Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).
I already showed you the Jumbo Eye Pencils, which I LOVED... so how did these stack up?




LaLa

DSC_0548



Nude Pink

DSC_0552






L: Lala            R: Nude Pink

DSC_0554






LaLa

DSC_0558






Nude Pink

DSC_0576


The texture on both of these is thick and creamy without being sticky. They last quite a long time for lipgloss, I only found myself reapplying after I ate. They are pretty opaque, with good colour payoff. A lot of glosses look awesome in the tube, but when you apply they go on extremely sheer. Not so with these Mega Shine glosses. They look just as awesome on the lips as they do in the tube :) Also, I LOVE the packaging. The little bows on the lid are just soooo cute! They feel really girly :)


I am IN LOVE with LaLa!! It goes on like a dream and has a slight shimmer which looks really pretty.


Nude pink is more of a cream, very pigmented and can go on a little steaky so you have to work on application a bit. I love the colour, but I don't think it suits me quite as much as LaLa does. I have to reluctantly admit that a lot of baby pinks just don't suit my skintone :'(


These glosses come in a HUGE array of different shades, I think I am going to have to pick up a few more of them. At $5.50 each, they are very affordable :)


Overall
Pros:

  • Creamy, thick texture but not sticky
  • Great opaque colour
  • Long lasting
Cons:
  • Nude Pink is streaky and more difficult to apply
  • Nude Pink didn't suit my skintone :(

Moneysaver/Timesaver?
Both! It's an affordable lipgloss that lasts, so you don't have to keep reapplying.

Want/Need/No Thanks?
Need! These are some of the best lipglosses I've tried and I'm a lipgloss junkie ;)


FOTD with LaLa


fotd1


Have you tried any of the Mega Shine glosses? Which shades do you have/want?


Ishah xx

2 comments:

  1. Ishah @ Beauty Mamas8/02/2011 6:34 PM

    Hi diandra, I'm sorry I don't have Nars Turkish Delight to compare, but from what I see it looks like Nude Pink is a tad bit warmer than Turkish Delight... they are very close though, so the NYX gloss might be an inexpensive alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ishah @ Beauty Mamas8/02/2011 6:34 PM

    Oooh I want to try some of the Inglot lip paints :) I love Inglot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...