Dec 23, 2011

Ombre/Gradient 'Velvet Glimmer' Lips

I wanted to try a simple, yet extra special look for a special occasion and I am stuck on a look I saw in a video by Michelle Phan. It’s called ‘Velvet Glimmer’ lips and it just looks SOOOO pretty I had to try it myself. It's an ombre/gradient look, using lipstick and a gold eyeshadow. It's SUPER easy to do, you basically just apply your lipstick, then gently pat gold eyeshadow in the center of your lips, working it slightly outwards to give it a gradient look.

I decided if I’m going to do a bold lip, I’ll tone it down with the eyes and just use a couple of lighter gold shades.




For the eyes:
Firstly, lined my lower lashline with NYX Slim Eye Pencil in Velvet
Then I put a little Urban Decay Loose Pigment in Yeyo on the inner corners
I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow Chopper on the outer half of the lid
I then used Urban Decay Eyeshadow Maui Wowie on the inner half of the lid and blended it into Chopper
Lastly, I used a matte nude shadow from my Hello Kitty palette to blend into my crease and browbone and topped it off with two coats of Dolly Wink Long Mascara.
I'm also wearing my Geo BerryHolic Turquoise circle lenses! :)




For the lips:
I applied Eyeko Liptastik Glossy Lip Pen in Lip Lover all over my lips as a rich, velvety base
I then lightly patted Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Maui Wowie in the centre of my lips with an eyeshadow brush. You could just as easily use your finger, though.


The lips look best matte in my opinion, but if you wanted to, you could dab some gloss over them too. It's a subtle look, but gives you an extra pop and makes your lips look fuller.


I am totally loving this look, it’s bright and vibrant without being too over the top. Now I have to find an outfit to go with it!

Do you like this Ombre/Gradient look? Or do you prefer something more traditional/crazier?


2 comments:

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...