Dec 13, 2011

Eyeko Liptastik Glossy Lip Pen & FOTD

Hello my Beauties!

I've heard a lot about Eyeko from numerous beauty bloggers, but as they're a UK brand it's very hard to find in the US. I decided to follow them on Facebook in hopes of them posting a good promotion that would justify me paying the $7 shipping fee (yes, I'm cheap). My cheapness paid off when they did a 50% off promo, and I indulged a bit and bought some products I'd had my eye on.
 
One of those was the Liptastik Glossy Lip Pen that, (fortunately for me), was on special 3 for 2 ^_^ UNfortunately, they are discontinued since I guess Eyeko decided to focus on eye products only. I'm not sure if they plan to reintroduce other products, but I hope they do because I love their lip and nail products especially. The shipping was relatively fast for international, about a week and a half, and it came as registered post.


DSC_0014



The three shades are:

 Hot Lips                         Lip Lover                         Loudmouth
DSC_0036


The flash gives it a bit of an orange tinge on the edge of the swatch, but that’s definitely not evident in real life. Hot Lips is a bright pinkish/violet, Lip Lover is a warm flame red, almost bordering on orange, and Loudmouth is a gorgeous hot pink.


DSC_0035
 

The lipstick itself looks quite well made and is a twist tube so there is no wasting product by having to sharpen it. Liptastik glides onto the lips very smoothly and is VERY richly pigmented. For being a 'glossy' lip pen, I found it actually had a velvety matte finish which I LOVE. It's very creamy and moisturising though and if I want it glossy I just put a similar shade of lipgloss over it. It lasts a long time and stains your lips somewhat, so I usually just top up the gloss over it to refresh the colour. I actually wiped the swatches with a makeup wipe and it took a lot of rubbing to get them off.. even then there was a light, but visible stain.

I really love all the shades, they are all gorgeously bright and vivid. My favourite is probably Loudmouth.

 
EyekoLiptastikLoudmouth

FOTD:
Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream #31
Avon Smooth Minerals Blush Duo in Warm Beauty
Dolly Wink Long Mascara
Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner Pen in Jet Black
ELF Treat & Tame eyebrow gel in Medium
Eyeko Liptastik in Loudmouth
 
 
A few #vanity phone pics…
 
Loudmouth




Hot Lips



Although the Liptastik lip pens are no longer being sold on the Eyeko website, you can still purchase all three shades from Cherry Culture along with quite a few of the other discontinued Eyeko products. Have you tried any Eyeko products? Do you have any faves? I want to try their Big Eyes mascara!

Ishah xx

2 comments:

  1. beautybymissl12/14/2011 7:01 AM

    I haven´t tried any Eyeko products but these lip pens look great. I love the sahdes your swatched and showed here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They're definitely a favourite lip product of mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...