Aug 17, 2012

Barielle Blossom & Nail Art (Leopard & Dots & Gradients, Oh My!)

I posted this a while ago, but Blogger decided to eat my post! It's completely disappeared, so I decided to repost it... Hope you don't mind!

I am a big fan of the members only shopping website, Hautelook. I only rarely buy things from there, but when I do I always manage to pick up some lovely beauty products from brands I don't usually buy, being that they're a little more expensive (I'm cheap, I'm cheap, we all know this already!).

This time around, I got a beautiful shade of Barielle nail polish: Blossom at $4 (half price!). It's a perfect glowy peach that glides over the nail and is perfect in two coats.

This is two coats of Barielle Blossom, with two coats of Pure Ice Dreamy over it on the ring finger as an accent nail.



Barielle Blossom & Pure Ice Dreamy



Barielle Blossom & Pure Ice Dreamy



Barielle Blossom & Pure Ice Dreamy


I love the colour, it's summery and makes me think of juicy peach flavoured gummies.

After rocking that mani for a few days, I was dying to try some nail art. I wanted to experiment with a few different styles I'd seen, so the result was a bit of a hodge podge. I'm still learning!



Barielle Blossom Nail Art




Nail Art Leopard print gradient gold glitter dotting tool



Nail Art glitter gold black dots gradient



I used 2 coats of Barielle Blossom on the index, middle and pinky fingers and 3 coats of Wet n Wild The Gold & The Beautiful on the ring finger. For the index finger, I then attempted a gradient with Wet n Wild The Gold & The Beautiful and finished off with a coat of Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Glass Slipper. For the middle finger I dotted on The Gold & The Beautiful and Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris to create a leopard print. On the pinky, I dotted on Ebony Hates Chris to make a frame. I'm really into framing nail art at the moment, it looks really cool and edgy.

I'm going to keep experimenting with nail art and hopefully get better with practice. I really want to get better with gradients, I've seen some really stunning ones!

Do you like trying new things with your manicure, or do you prefer to stick with a traditional one colour/french?


Disclosure: Post contains referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...