Aug 10, 2012

Gel nails without gel? Kiss Me Nail Mente Top Coat



Kiss Me Nail Mente is a Japanese brand top coat which is supposed to give nails a gel-like finish. Kiss Me is the brand.... don't ask me what Nail Mente means.

I have had this top coat for a while and I really like it. I bought it from Sasa.com for around $7, but I guess they are no longer shipping to the US as it says 'Only available to China, Australia and Hong Kong orders'. Is this because the nail polish shipping laws got super strict over here? Whatever it is, I'll have to find another way to get my gel shine-look top coat fix :( I only have half a bottle left! :'(

Kiss Me Nail Mente is thick, without being too gloopy (if you get my drift). It can drag a bit if you don't put enough on, this needs a thick coat. It covers flaws, brushstrokes and chunky glitter with relative ease, although with some nail stickers and crystals you will need a second coat. I love the wear time, it lasts a week or more without chipping, but you do have to be sure to wrap the tips to avoid shrinkage. Drying time is fast, but be careful if you do nail art as it can smudge it a little if you apply it when the nail art is still wet. With most nail art I'd wait 5-10 mins before putting top coat on.

You can see in the picture below how one coat smooths out texture and any flaws in application.



It does give a nice, thick gel-like finish which I love. It also lasts a long time, I can go a week + without any chipping or peeling and minor tipwear. I don't usually last that long though, I have a really bad habit of peeling off my polish :(

Here are a few manis using the Nail Mente top coat (click pictures for original post):





Have you tried a gel look top coat before? I'm going to have to hunt this one down and find somewhere that ships to the US!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...