Feb 13, 2013

Pretty and Practical: A Wearable Date Look

As much as I love seeing all the beautiful, creative and unique Valentine's looks that get posted around this time, the best kind of date makeup (IMO) is classic, simple and wearable.

I did this look on my friend Desiree, soft shades of gold, brown and nudes, with a subtle pop of pinky peach on the cheeks. I wanted the look to be pretty and classic, while not clashing with her bright red dress. Nude, glossy lipstick is also great for a date, as a red lip is nice but not so practical for kissing ;)




GET THE LOOK:

Eyes:
  • ALWAYS DO THE EYES FIRST! Then you can get rid of any eyeshadow fallout with concealer/foundation.
  • First I applied Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the lid and undereye area.
  • Then I applied the light beige shade of the Stila eyeshadow palette from the Blushing Beauty(warm) set, Karat, all over the lid.
  • I took the Urban Decay shadow, Baked, which is a shimmery gold and applied it in the center of the lid
  • Then I used the dark brown shade from the Stila palette, Bronze, and applied it in a v shape on the outer corner and crease.
  • I used a fluffy blending brush and Karat to blend out any harsh lines and into the browbone.
  • I lined the lower lashline with NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in French Fries and put a dab of Urban Decay loose pigment in Yeyo in the inner corners.
  • Then I lined the upper lashline and the waterline with a black kohl liner (forgot which brand!) and did 2 coats of Maybelline The Falsies mascara on the upper and lower lashes.
  • I filled out her eyebrows with the e.l.f Studio Brow Kit in medium and used an eyebrow brush to soften it up and make it look more natural.

Face:
  • First I applied Benefit The POREfessional primer all over
  • Then I used a sponge to apply Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! foundation in Petal
  • I used NYX Concealer Jar in Orange for her undereye area and e.l.f Studio Concealer Pencil & Brush in Light for redness and blemishes.
  • I contoured under her cheeks and jawline with the bronzer from the e.l.f Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzer Powder in St Lucia.
  • For blush, I layered Too Faced Full Bloom Lip & Cheek Creme Color in Prim & Poppy under Benefit Hervana Blush on the apples of her cheeks
  • To set her makeup and give an airbrushed, flawless look, I dusted e.l.f Studio Translucent Matifying Powder all over with a big fluffy brush.
Lips:
  • I wanted a nice, nude glossy colour, so I lined her lips with e.l.f Studio Lip Liner & Blending Brush in Nude Pink.
  • Then I put Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee and a clear gloss on top.
Layering the blush and the lip products ensures that they'll last longer!
 


I curled Desiree's hair with my curling iron and combed it out so it sat in soft waves around her face. I think it was the perfect look to offset the bright, lacy red dress :)

What do you prefer for a Date? Soft and pretty, or bold and striking? If you're single, you should still pamper the ones you love, your family, your girlfriends, yourself! Go on a spa date or get a mani/pedi and eat LOTS of chocolate.


1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful look! I love the eyes. And i'm going to have to check out that lip butter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...