Feb 6, 2013

Easy Nail Art Using Metallic Markers

Who loves easy nail art??

Me, that's who. And there is pretty much nothing easier than this! If you can hold a pen, then you can do this. I saw a tutorial on Pinterest that used Sharpie metallic markers to draw on little hearts and patterns onto nails, but the problem was that everyone in the comments of the post said that it smudged when they applied top coat. I decided to try it for myself anyway but couldn't find Sharpies at my local Walmart, so I picked up these Max Pen Ultramark Metallic Markers instead.


What I discovered was that the Ultramark marker will actually rub off with a finger or with water, but weirdly enough won't smudge with top coat the way the Sharpie metallic markers do. The Sharpie markers only rub off with rubbing alcohol but then smudge with topcoat... makes no sense to me.

All you do is:
  1. Paint a base colour and let it dry completely
  2. Draw the design you want with the metallic marker
  3. Give the marker about 30 sec/a minute to dry
  4. Do a thick layer of top coat with a light hand, try not to press or drag on the nail
  5. Done!
Yesterday I did a quick post on my Cherry Blossom nail art and I used the metallic markers for the design. It was so quick and easy and looks beautiful.



Please forgive my dry hands, it's Winter y'know. To see how I used the metallic markers to achieve this design, check out the video below!



I'm still working on the quality of my videos, please bear with me! I'll be posting a lot more videos, so don't forget to subscribe ;)

What I love about using the Ultramark metallic markers for nail art is that they're non-toxic, they rub off easily if you make a mistake without ruining your base polish and they make it so easy to do more intricate designs. Best of all they were only around $4 for a pack of 6 markers! I will definitely be getting value for money out of these things. Who says we need to be a slave to brand names.. I actually bought the darn Sharpies afterwards.. and they smudged.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and let me know if you try it out. I know I'll be incorporating the metallic markers into my nail art from now on :) It just makes getting a clean line so much easier!

6 comments:

  1. $4 for a pack of 6 is a great price and it's cool that they're available at Walmart. Thanks for sharing how you did this nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine@themakeupfile2/07/2013 2:13 PM

    I like them! I'm no good at nail art so maybe this will help make it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADRIANA ANDALUZ2/08/2013 10:07 PM

    This looks gorgeous, will have to keep a lookout for these markers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely makes it a lot easier to do designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I'd love to see what you come up with using them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...