Mar 29, 2012

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! Foundation – all 9 shades


Happy Friday, Beauties!

Well, my Benefit House Party got postponed due to illness (it’s the dreaded spring cold season!), so I wont be posting about til next month. I do, however, have all 9 shades of the new Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! Brightening Makeup Foundation.

From the Benefit Website:

hello flawless oxygen wow!

brightening makeup, oil-free SPF 25 PA+++

$34.00

  • broad-spectrum SPF 25 PA+++ protection**
  • oil-free formula
  • natural finish
  • hydrating benefits
  • light-diffusing properties
  • available in 9 shades

**What does PA+++ mean? SPF stands for the protection grade of the UVB filter. PA stands for the protection grade of the UVA filter. The highest standard of sun protection rating is the three-star PA rating. Our foundation has three stars, which translates to the highest protection.
INGREDIENTS




The formula is the same on all of them, so I’ll talk about it here to save repeating myself.

It is a light, liquid foundation which is quite smooth and spreadable – this means it’s a bit runny, so be careful when dispensing it. It applies smoothly over the skin and dries to a soft powder-like finish. The foundation feels lightweight and breathable, definitely feels more natural and not heavy at all. A little goes a long way, so the tube will probably last you quite a while, even using it every day. I’d say 1 pump would be enough for your full face. It is perfumed, but I am usually sensitive to strong scents and this one didn’t bother me too much. Once it dries, the scent fades a bit as well.

I will be testing the coverage and  longevity over the next week, so I’ll post a FOTD and let you know my thoughts then :)

I think my shade is PETAL, it’s a warmer toned light beige. The colour stickers on the box are a bit darker than the actual shades swatched, I think the colour of the foundation in the tube is more accurate.


IvoryPetalChampagneHoney


L-R: “I’m pure 4 sure” IVORY, “I’m plush & precious” PETAL, “cheers to me” CHAMPAGNE, “I’m so money” HONEY

DSC_0538 (Large)


L-R: IVORY, PETAL
BenefitIvoryPetal

L-R: CHAMPAGNE, HONEY
BenefitChampagneHoney



BeigeTBeigeHazelnutAmberNutmeg


L – R: “I’m all the rage” BEIGE, “warm me up” TOASTED BEIGE, “I’m hopelessly hot” HAZELNUT, “I’m so glamber” AMBER, “gotta know me” NUTMEG

DSC_0563 (Large)


L – R: BEIGE, TOASTED BEIGE
 BenefitBeigeToastedBeige

L-R: HAZELNUT, AMBER, NUTMEG
BenefitHazelnutAmberNutmeg


I really like the finish of this foundation, I’m eager to try it out for a longer period and see if it can replace my BB cream as my go-to foundation. We’ll see!

I think they did pretty well with the range of shades, I think they need to introduce shades for the very dark skinned ladies at some point though. The darkest shade is still quite a light, milk chocolatey brown.

Have you tried Benefit foundations before?

They also have Hello Flawless powder which can be used in conjunction with this liquid foundation, I might just have to try one out!




2 comments:

  1. beautybymissl3/29/2012 10:20 PM

    Can´t wait to see your FOTD with these and your review about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your post. I wanted to write a little
    comment to support you.

    Check out my homepage: cigs work

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...