Mar 8, 2012

Make it Wearable: How to tone down rockin' red lips.

Happy International Women's Day, Beauties!!

Red is the colour of the day, so many of you will be wearing a red lip, like this Velvet Glimmer look!





Personally I love red lipstick, but it can be a little intimidating for some people who are used to a more neutral look. I'm going to show you an easy way to tone down red lipstick so it's more wearable.

It's really simple:


  1.  Apply red lipstick. (I used my Eyeko Liptastik Glossy Lip Pen in Lip Lovin')
  2.  Blot with a tissue.
  3.  Apply a clear lip gloss over the top.
  4.  Enjoy having soft, glossy red lips!





Are you wearing red lipstick/gloss/balm today?









4 comments:

  1. Yes! This is my little secret for subtly rocking red lips at work. I've got to try that Eyeko lippy. Looks gorgeouuuuus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, I don't think they stock it anymore though :( you can still get it from CherryCulture.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not today but they are intimidated since I'm usually bare or pinkish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me is a great balm to try if you don't usually wear red. It's just slightly tinted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...