Mar 20, 2012

Benefit Benetint – rose tinted lip & cheek stain.

Hello Beauties :)

Here is the second installment of my Benefit week series~ I’m getting really excited about my upcoming Benefit House Party!

Today I have the popular Benetint, a gorgeous rose lip and cheek stain. I’ve heard so many good things about this lip & cheek stain, so I was very happy that my friends and I get to try it out :)


DSC_0136

DSC_0147


Benetint comes in a nail polish–like bottle, with a brush applicator. It’s quite easy and convenient at home, but it might be a little messy trying to apply it while you’re out and about. As it’s a stain, you don’t need to reapply it too often though. Such a timesaver! I don’t usually reapply blush throughout the day, so I like a good long lasting cheek stain.


DSC_0151

DSC_0154

DSC_0156


The texture is quite runny and easily spreadable on the skin. Just be careful it doesn’t drip! It smells faintly of roses but has a slightly bitter taste, so I don’t recommend licking your lips if you use this as a lip stain.
I dipped the brush in and swatched over my skin twice.


Without flash:
DSC_0175

With flash:
DSC_0173


This stain gives a buildable flush of colour, so you can be as subtle or dramatic as you like. You have to smooth it out and rub it onto your cheeks/lips in a timely manner, because it dries quickly, and once it dries it will not budge. I noticed a bit of darker staining around the edges of the swatch, so you have to make sure you blend it really well to get rid of any harsher lines.

The tint didn’t come off with rubbing, but I washed it with warm water and it faded. It didn’t completely disappear, however.

I really like the fresh, rosy colour this tint gives. Lip & cheek stains are great for when you want a sheer wash of colour that will last all day. It’s very versatile and I can see myself wearing it through the different seasons. It can be applied lightly for a natural look, or more heavily for full colour.

Have you tried Benetint or any other lip/cheek stains?








5 comments:

  1. It looks difficult for me to use. Definitely want to try it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet. Not sure I like this product though. I prefer using my regular brushes with blush lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty easy as long as you blend before it dries. Just a few swipes with the brush on your cheek and then blend into your skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a little wary of how it would turn out blending with my fingers, but I quite like the result. I know some people prefer using powder/cream blush with brushes though :) I'll be posting a FOTD later in the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'll use it IF it's given to me by a family member which I doubt lol. I'm going shopping Thursday, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...