Oct 19, 2012

Halloween Costume Inspiration: Classy take on Cleopatra

Ah, the Queen of Egypt. Such an elegant, beautiful concept, but come Halloween it always seems to be interpreted in such a tacky way.

I decided that I would take the Cleopatra concept and incorporate things that work not just for Halloween, but in my usual wardrobe. So less 'tacky costume-like' and more 'elegant chic'.

I initially got this wig from Walmart, because I liked the gold head dress, but the wig itself was SUCH bad quality. It was like straw and completely out of shape.. all kinked up and wouldn't sit straight even with brushing. This ended up being the epitome of tacky, so I had to look at other options. That's what I get for buying a wig at Walmart.



So then I decided to just use the headpiece and buy another wig from Ebay. I found this one for around $18 and it's MUCH better quality. It's actually quite nice and doesn't look too fake, so I can use it for taking photos too :) The only thing is, the fringe (bangs) are too long, so I'll have to trim them a bit.



I found these GORGEOUS cuffs on Forever21.com and I think they'll go perfectly with my outfit. They're not the stereotypical snake jewellery which is so prevalent in Cleopatra costumes and I'll be able to incorporate them into my regular wardrobe after Halloween.


I have a dress similar to this one already, but without the ruching at the bottom. I think it's pretty perfect for the look I have in mind.
I also have a pair of gold sandals and just bought some gold ribbon to hopefully make them look similar to the sandals below. I only spent 0.94c on the ribbon, so it's a great deal cheaper than buying new shoes for at least $20.

Last, but not least, I saw this absolutely gorgeous makeup look on the Sugarpill Cosmetics facebook page. It's done by @vegas_nay, be sure to check her out on Instagram! I doubt I can recreate it as beautifully as hers, but I'm going to try =_=;;


Are you dressing up for Halloween? Have you looked in your wardrobe to see if there's anything you can pull together for a costume? I think a diy costume using regular clothing and accessories is an easy and inexpensive way to do something classy for Halloween.

I'm looking forward to pulling this look together and showing you all some pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I almost never comment, but i did some searching and wound
    up here "Halloween Costume Inspiration: Classy take on Cleopatra".
    And I do have a couple of questions for you if it's allright.
    Is it just me or does it give the impression like a few of
    these remarks come across like left by brain dead visitors?

    :-P And, if you are writing at other places, I'd like to keep up with anything fresh you have to post.
    Would you make a list of the complete urls of all your social pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?



    Stop by my web page Womens Nike Air Max 87

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...