Oct 29, 2012

Halloween Party! Cleopatra Costume, Makeup and Nails.

It's almost Halloween!! And that means Halloween parties :D

I went to one just this past Saturday and it was a lot of fun. Spooky sweet treats, crazy costumes and lots of creepy looking (but delicious) food. As I said previously, I decided to do a Cleopatra costume this year and I really liked the end result. It was super simple, just a black dress, gold sandals, wig, head dress, makeup and nail art. Most of the pieces I pulled from my wardrobe/makeup drawer, with the exception of the wig and head dress.

The classic Egyptian colours, gold and turquiose.



I also did my lips gold, mixing a gold pigment with clear lipgloss.
This didn't last through food though :(





Nail art.
Using Wet n Wild Black Creme and The Gold and the Beautiful, I did a black and gold glitter gradient, with a gold accent nail and a freehand painted Egyptian Ankh.



I got lots of nice comments on my costume from my beautiful friends :) A lot of them got decked out in costumes as well! Who says mamas can't dress up and have fun on Halloween? I don't usually drink, and can't at all right now (seeing as I am 8 months pregnant.... did I forget to mention that? :p), but I've never needed alcohol to have a good time. It's all about good food and great company!


Rosie the Red Devil and I :)



With Mita, Ms. Cat in the Hat. How adorable is this costume???




Mai & I.
Yes, she is wearing a Twister mat dress. She is Twister. We did not play Twister though.


I'm looking forward to dressing up again on Wednesday to take the kids out trick or treating. Honestly, I feel that Halloween is ALL about having fun with costumes and makeup (for me anyway), I don't enjoy getting candy and sweets as much as I did when I was a kid, so I have to find something to replace that excitement with lol.

What are your Halloween plans? Have you been to any Halloween parties yet?

I'll be posting more pics after Halloween! Looking forward to seeing other people's costumes, makeup and nail art too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...