May 14, 2013

Korean Drama's Yoon Eun-Hye Inspired Hair.

I Bought This

Last year, I completely fried my hair with bleach. I didn't take the proper precautions before bleaching it (such as deep conditioning) and the hair treatments/conditioners I tried were only a temporary fix, so my hair was EXTREMELY dry and needed to go. Yes, it just needed to step on out and leave. One night, I was trying to comb a huge knot out of my straw-like locks and I had so much breakage, I myself reached the breaking point....

So this happened:


And then I looked like this:




......


Sorry, it's unbrushed and probably hadn't been washed for a couple of days (I have 3 kids under 6, ok?)...... Yeah it was pretty horrific. We were going to a wedding that weekend and I wanted my hair to look nice, so I decided to get it properly styled at a salon - that DIY look just wasn't cutting it ('cutting' it, get i-- yeah).

First let me show you the hairstyle I wanted; I have been completely obsessed with Yoon Eun-Hye's hair in the K drama, My Fair Lady (Or Taking Care of the Young Lady). It's a wavy, asymmetrical bob that just looks so fresh and stylish on her and I hoped that it would revitalise my near-to-death hair!

Isn't it cute?
The last time I got my hair cut was when I was still in Orange County, so I searched online and found a salon called Beauty By Bee quite near to my house that had good reviews on Yelp. I made an appointment for Saturday morning and it was pretty quiet at that time.The salon is bright and clean, despite being in the back of a building complex, behind a fitness centre.


My stylist was Kim and she was very friendly and professional. I did feel that she was rushing a bit, but that may have been because I asked at the last minute if I could get my eyebrows done as well and she was trying to make sure the wax technician could fit me into the break she had between clients. Despite doing things quickly, she was very thorough and gave me a good shampoo & condition, cut my hair, then blow dried it and cut it some more. She dried it straight so she could see the shape of the cut better and make sure everything was even.

And the result?




I am loving it!! It looks edgy and modern, not like an old lady 'mom haircut' if you know what I mean. Kim did the layers beautifully and I love the way she blended the difference in length. It looks amazing straight, but the best part is that it looks great with hardly ANY styling. In the picture below, I washed my hair and then combed it while wet, left it to air dry, put in a small amount of volumising powder and this was the result:



The next day I didn't even have to do anything, I woke up and it still looked great! My dreams of easy, less than 5 minute styling have come truuue!!! I'm so so so happy with my hair and will definitely be back to pay Kim another visit :)

I'm loving shorter hair especially since the weather is heating up here. No hot and sweaty back of the neck for me. Do you like to cut your hair in warmer weather?
 

6 comments:

  1. They did a REALLY good job on that haircut! I had a similar one a few years ago, and when my regular stylist was out of town a different one cut it and did horrrrrrrrrible. My stylist fixed it for free as soon as she came back, haha, but it was much shorter to undo the damage. >_< So I'm glad you got someone who knew how to do the haircut well! It will grow out really nicely too, if you go awhile between haircuts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I had it done at a different salon before and they didn't layer it properly, so it was heavier and looked dated. I'm glad you were able to get yours fixed! It's hard when you're working with a shorter cut, there's only so much they can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia Duran5/14/2013 2:21 PM

    Love the new hair especially with 3 kids must be easier to get up too now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and haircut ;D


    I'm yet to have mine re-styled for the coming Summer, I only just managed to grow my bangs/fringe out over the past year. They're now just past my chin which is amazing for me after 5+ years of previous trys and fails lol.


    Now I just need to find a style I like ^-^ Easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing such a fastidious opinion, piece
    of writing is nice, thats why i have read it completely

    Look at my homepage ... natural cellulite treatment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack Bautista4/01/2014 10:14 AM

    Hi there! I was searching for kang hye na's haircut name and i happened 2 see your blog, and i must say you are an awes0me blogger, i loved your rant about bb creams,and unfortunately i was one of the many consumer who had been fooled by western bb creams ╮(╯_╰)╭. Anyway may i just ask if your hair is naturally curly?i like it.. *^▁^*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...