Apr 8, 2011

Review: Avon Beyond Color Plumping Lip Color

Whew, that's a mouthful! And that's not even the full name... It's actually Avon Beyond Color Plumping Lip Color SPF 15 with Double the Retinol. Ok, I'm done.

I bought it when they had a promotion for $4.99, but it's only $8.00 normally. Right now you can get 3 for $11.99, which is a really good deal. I love the promos Avon has, there's always a way to get a good price on a product.

This is the shade 'Uptown Pink'.


Uptown Pink is a really pretty bright pink that suits my skintone well. It goes on very opaque, so you don't need too much. I am such a sucker for pinks.

From the Avon website:
2X the Retinol for smoother-than-ever lips. Retinol is formulated to minimize wrinkles and boost collagen so lips appear more full & lush. Now we’ve doubled the retinol for greater results.


What can I say? It's rich, it's creamy, it's pigmented, it doesn't dry out on your lips. It doesn't so much make your lips fuller as smooth out any fine lines and wrinkles, and that's great for me! I don't really want bigger lips, just smooth, lush, moisturised lips! I actually have the older formula in the clear/nude colour (Beyond Color Plumping Lip Conditioner, which is now discontinued) and I think the new formula is better. The older one tended to leave clumps of product on my lips after a wearing it a while, this one does not.

I can't express just how much I LOVE this lipstick, it really delivers on its promises. It's almost like a lip balm/lipstick lovechild. Most lipsticks tend to dry out on my lips, get clumpy and settle into the lines, but this one is a lovely texture. It doesn't bleed, stays moisturised and creamy for hours and the colour is pretty long wearing. It won't last through a meal and it will transfer onto your significant other, but for the price you're paying it is a really good quality lipstick. My only complaint is that it doesn't come in a wider variety of shades. There are only two pinks and the nudes seem to be the shimmery kind.. I would like a nice matte nude and a baby pink.. maybe a pretty, neutral rose. Oh well, maybe they'll release some new colours *hint hint Avon!* ;)

This is a great, high quality lower priced lipstick, definitely a money saver.
Have you tried any Avon lipsticks? Good/bad experiences?

Ishah xx

NOTE: I have not been paid or given any incentives for this review, product was bought with my own money. This is entirely my own opinion.

3 comments:

  1. oh the colour is sooo pretty! Perfect for the spring ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! Such a nice soft pink for spring. I love pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely! Such a nice soft pink for spring. I love pink!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...