Apr 1, 2011

Review: LORAC Mocktail Lip Gloss - Lava Flow

Woohoo, it's Friday Beauties!
Time for some R&R with my beautiful family :)

I got this lip gloss from the LORAC sale on HauteLook for $2.99 - apparently they sold at full price for $18 so I'm calling this a steal. They were released a few years ago so they definitely aren't on the cutting edge of beauty products, but for $2.99 I'm willing to make that sacrifice ;)



The colour is a shocking coral pink in the tube, but it goes on very sheer, just a light wash of the coral pink colour with pretty sparkles that flash violet in the sun. You can see some of the violet sparkles in this second pic.


The applicator is described as 'leakproof', and you definitely don't get product buildup around the cap like a lot of glosses. It's like a dense brush that soaks up the gloss and allows for nice, even distribution on your lips. I like the applicator but you do have to be careful not to squeeze too much out.


Definitely not as pigmented on the skin, but you can build up the colour a bit. Wear is average for a gloss, it's not too sticky but it doesn't last as long as some of the heavier glosses.


From other reviews I've read, a few people have said it has a horrible 'plastic chocolate milk' smell.. Not so for this gloss. Maybe they had a bad formula batch? It smells very faintly of sweet candy chocolate, kind of like m&ms. It's touted as a 'flavoured' lip gloss, but there isn't really much of a flavour at all. You get a little aftertaste of the sweet cocoa, but not a lot. I don't particularly mind this, as I don't wear lip gloss just to lick it off and taste it (does anyone?).


Like I've said before, HauteLook is a great way to find high end beauty products at discount prices.. I have only ever bought from them 3 times (twice Urban Decay and once LORAC), but it's definitely been worth it.

Ishah xx

Note: Links to HauteLook are my personal invite code. I get $10 when I refer someone and they make their first purchase, as will you if you join and decide to refer people! Click the link if you want to :)

1 comment:

  1. It's really a cool and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you
    shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us
    informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

    Review my web blog :: London Erotic Massage ()

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...