Apr 11, 2011

Ok, I feel silly.... plus a new handbag!

Morning Beauties :)

So I log onto Blogger today after a busy weekend out and about, and I realise that I had accidentally scheduled a Silent Sunday post... that was the EXACT SAME picture I posted last week!  How did this happen? Well, I had posted a different picture last week... and then got a comment on it that made me feel unsure about it and so I changed the pic to the one I had planned to post this week. Without changing my scheduled post. Moral of the story? Don't let other people make you feel insecure about your photos and posts!

Onto today's post! I want to share with you the new handbag I bought recently. I am also trying out a new style for my reviews, something a little more organised ;)

I used to have a bag in every different colour, changing bags when I changed outfits. Now that I have two crazy energetic toddler boys it's like.. WHY would I put myself through the extra time and effort to change bags all the time? I already have enough to do when we get ready to go out, I don't need to add to my to-do list.

I was at Ross the other day and saw this Nine West bag in Greige.



This is as close to colour accurate as I could get.
Greige = Grey + Beige. What a weird word. I am very fanatical about words. They make the world so much more vivid and colourful. Greige doesn't do it for me, unfortunately. It's an ugly word that describes a beautiful colour.

The picture doesn't do it justice.

What I love about this colour is its versatility. It is light enough to be worn in spring and summer, but dark enough to be worn autumn and winter. It goes with, literally, EVERYTHING! Black, brown, tan, white, pink, red, grey.. you name it, this suits it. This is perfect for me, because I needed a handbag that goes with everything and black was getting boring.

This is a great size, just big enough for all my essentials, without being so big that I'll start collecting unnecessary stuff in it. The material is a buttery soft, faux-leather. The handles are soft but structured, meaning they stay on my shoulder but don't dig in painfully :)

I have to say, I am a bargain shopper. I can't justify spending more than $100 on a handbag at the moment. I'd like to think if I did have $1000 to spend on a bag, I'd buy the $100 one and use the rest to buy stuff for my family and friends. Not to be preachy or anything, but that's just me.. Each to their own! As much as I'd love having Louis Vuitton or Balenciaga, Nine West will do it for me just fine :) This bag was $79 originally, marked down to $19.99 at Ross. Now THAT is a purchase I can feel good about!

PROS:
Great colour
Comfortable
Material feels lovely
Versatile
Perfect size for what I need

CONS:
Not enough pockets
I can see the interior fabric getting dirty easily

MONEYSAVER:
Yes. At 19.99, how could it not be?

TIMESAVER:
Yes. All in one, suits everything, go-to bag.

WANT/NEED/NO THANKS:
This is a NEED. This bag is my new MUST HAVE everyday item.


What's in my bag?


Deodorant (a must have for every single person on this Earth over the age of 14)
My Hello Kitty mirror
A Sephora giftcard
My travel-stained passport (under the mirror)
Hand sanitiser (Another must have.. great for when there is no water in sight!)
My favourite sunnies
My makeup pouch (that's another post for another time)
My beat up old wallet. (My next purchase will have to be a new one...)

And I'm going to say this is not really cheating on my no-buy... I REALLY needed a new handbag, my old one broke :(

Ishah xx

3 comments:

  1. I never knew what greige stood for until I read your post! The purse looks like it was a great buy - I can't remember buying a nice purse like that for so little! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! :) It definitely was a great buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading! :) It definitely was a great buy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...