Apr 20, 2011

Review: Urban Decay Summer Of Love Palette & FOTD

Hey Beauties!

I’m still adjusting to my little man being 3. It’s a difficult thing, coming to terms with the fact he’s no longer a baby. Makes me feel like I’m getting old too! Haha.

I got the palette on HauteLook for $15 (steal, what?) and it has such cute packaging!

DSC_1252

DSC_1285


L to R: Flash, Maui Wowie, Chopper and Smog
and mini 24/7 glide on eyeliner in Bronze.



DSC_1283DSC_1280


L: Natural lighting, R: With flash. Click to see the shades up close!


It also has a mini sized Primer Potion in Sin, the gold bottle (which I forgot to take a picture of individually).

I thought the purple would be the most pigmented, but sadly, I was wrong..

L to R: Smog, Chopper, Maui Wowie, Flash
DSC_1293

All the other colours I only had to swatch once, the purple required numerous swipes to be that opaque. It’s a pity, because in the pan it’s my favourite out of the shades Sad smile

Smog and Flash have a slight shimmer to them, while Chopper and Maui Wowie have chunks of sparkly glitter. Maui Wowie is PACKED with glitter, but it doesn’t feel too gritty or anything which is a plus.

This is the 24/7 Glide On eyeliner in Bourbon and the Primer Potion in Sin:

DSC_1298DSC_1305


L: Natural lighting, R: With flash


Some people don’t like this primer because of the frosty champagne colour, but I just blend it really well so it’s not as obvious. When using it with this palette it’s not really an issue anyway, since the shadows are shimmery gold and bronzey colours.

The eyeliner is smooth and creamy and very pigmented on bare skin. I had a few issues getting it to show up as well over the shadows though.

Quick PROS/CONS
PROS: Smooth, long wearing, product is a good size
CONS: Purple not as pigmented as I hoped, eyeliner not as pigmented over the shadows, some glitter fallout
MONEYSAVER: Yes! $15, thanks HauteLook Winking smile
TIMESAVER: Pretty much, you can use the whole palette for your eyes, from priming to lining and in between Open-mouthed smile I will probably use the shades separately though.

My FOTD!

DSC_1236   DSC_1252

DSC_1292 (2)

As you can see, the purple is very muted Crying face

Face:
Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in No. 31
LORAC Box Office Hit palette Bronzer
Urban Decay Afterglow Powder Blush in Quickie

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
Urban Decay Smog on lid
Urban Decay Chopper in crease
Urban Decay Maui Wowie in centre of lid and blended on browbone
Urban Decay Flash on top and bottom lashline
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner in Bourbon on top lashline and waterline
Maybelline The Falsies mascara

Lips:
I did have on one of the lip colours from the Lorac Box Office Hit palette, but my #2 son CA decided to smooch it off!
DSC_1309

They’re so sweet when they’re this age! He'll be 2 in July, that's when they start being terrors LOL!

Anyway, I just put some Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush lipgloss in Sugar High on, but I must have still had some of the lip colour on because it looks strangely dark around the outside of my lips and then lighter on the inside.

How do you like the shades? Do you think they are still relevant for this summer, or are they outdated?

Personally I think they still look great and I’m definitely going to be wearing them this summer!

Ishah xx

3 comments:

  1. Okay, i must check out this hautelook. For the price that I pay for a tinted moisturizer at sephora seems like you could get a truckload of products at Hautelook! The colors look great on you (Loving that purple!). I didn't know that you had two boys so close in age. Mine are almost 6 and 2 and a half. can't get over the fact that they're no longer babies. Time for another (joke, joke, joke!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh no more babies for me lol, 2 keep me busy enough :) they are 15 months apart (what was I thinking, right??). Hautelook has some great sales, they actually had NYX today but I restrained myself since I'm supposed to be on a no buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, i must check out this hautelook. For the price that I pay for a tinted moisturizer at sephora seems like you could get a truckload of products at Hautelook! The colors look great on you (Loving that purple!). I didn't know that you had two boys so close in age. Mine are almost 6 and 2 and a half. can't get over the fact that they're no longer babies. Time for another (joke, joke, joke!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...