Apr 15, 2011

Review: LORAC Box Office Hit palette & FOTD Friday


Happy Friday Beauties!

I've been so uninspired to take photos lately :( I think I need to get out of the house and do makeup photoshoots in the great outdoors or something. I had been meaning to do this palette for ages, but I just didn't feel like taking photos for some reason.

This is the last of my LORAC haul posts. Every time I think about how cheap the high end make up I bought on HauteLook was, I get happy :D If only they had sales like that all the time.

DSC_1274

This was released around Christmas last year, as a limited edition exclusive at Ulta. It is such a cute little palette, the wine coloured faux croc skin oozes chic. It's a good size to pop into your purse and not have to worry about taking any other products (except brushes.. this palette really could have used some brushes!).

DSC_1231DSC_1260DSC_1269DSC_1267DSC_1271DSC_1261DSC_1263DSC_1265

The colours are all really wearable, so I will definitely be getting a lot of use out of it. The powders all have a slight shimmer, the more neutral shades have barely any but the darker shades have quite a bit.

The powder is quite soft, so you have to be a bit careful not to get too much on the brush or you will get fallout. I am far from being an expert with eyeshadow, so I usually like to keep it simple and these colours are just right for that. They are super-blendable and sheer, but can be used wet for more opacity. The lip shades are also pretty sheer, and go on smoothly. They don’t dry out and leave your lips feeling pretty hydrated, more like a tinted gloss than a lipstick. The soft shades are good for spring and perfect for work or school, or anywhere you want to be a bit more neutral/conservative (Grandma's house maybe? Meeting your boyfriend's parents?). The only really pigmented shade is the pink blush, but it goes on sheer and can be built up to a bright pink pop.

PROS:
  • Pretty, soft shades
  • Good for neutral looks, work/school/shopping/beach etc
  • All in one palette, easy to take on trips
  • Great quality, long lasting formula
CONS:
  • Not for someone who prefers very pigmented colour
  • Soft powder can leave some fallout
  • No brushes Sad smile
TIMESAVER:
Yes, it’s great because you could take it to work or on a weekend trip and you basically have everything you need to create a few different looks. Just remember to take along a few brushes Winking smile
MONEYSAVER:
Yes. I got this from HauteLook for $15.
WANT/NEED/NO THANKS:
This is a NEED for me. I have used it more since I bought it than most of my other eyeshadows, blushes etc. The neutral look is good for me, since I have the kids.. don’t want to look like I’m going to a nightclub!

This is a really simple FOTD using some of the colours from the palette.

DSC_0949

Face
  • Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in No. 31
  • Avon Smooth Minerals Powder in Shell
  • Pink Blush from the LORAC Box Office Hit palette
Eyes
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
  • Highlighter shade, first column, second row from the palette
  • Lid shade, second column, third row from the palette
  • Crease shade, second column, second row from the palette
  • Brown eyeliner from the palette
  • LORAC Lashes Volumizing and Thickening Mascara in Brown
Lips
  • Natural rosy pink shade, top row, third across in the palette

Do you like to invest in palettes or prefer individual products? Neutral vs showstopping?

Ishah xx

...wow... looking at that photo for a while... I think I need botox in my forehead ;_;

8 comments:

  1. It's still gorgeous on you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like eyeshadow palettes as you get more bang for your buck. What a great deal you got! You're such a savvy shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @B: Thank you!! I know you like your pigmented stuff haha..

    @ Make Mommy Chic: Aw thanks! It means I'm not always cutting edge, but I don't mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh you look so nice.. The colours in the palette looks very prettty..

    And I didn't know that Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream comes in No. 31!!! That's awesome.. coz my #23 is just way too grey for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :) And yes, 31 is such a nice warm tone! 23 is a bit too grey for me as well. You can get it from the Missha US site or there is one seller on ebay that sometimes has it in stock: newdoctorskin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you :) And yes, 31 is such a nice warm tone! 23 is a bit too grey for me as well. You can get it from the Missha US site or there is one seller on ebay that sometimes has it in stock: newdoctorskin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh you look so nice.. The colours in the palette looks very prettty..

    And I didn't know that Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream comes in No. 31!!! That's awesome.. coz my #23 is just way too grey for me

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's still gorgeous on you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...