Jun 13, 2011

Manicure Monday: Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris & Kaleidoscope

It's Monday!!!!!! :) :) :)

I figured if I act enthusiastic about it, it would make me feel enthusiastic about it :p

I was getting a little bored with all the pastels and brights I've been wearing on my nails lately and decided to break it up a bit with Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris - $1.99. It's a black satin creme which is a part of the Fast Dry collection. Plain black felt a bit emo, so I jazzed it up with some sparkle, Wet n Wild Kaleidoscope - $0.99, which is in their Wild Shine collection. Both of these polishes are really inexpensive and pretty good quality too.

Oh, I also made a little temporary lightbox from this tutorial on VioletLeBeaux.com. It doesn't look very pretty, but it works ok. I tested it out for this post, but I only have one light source right now so it's not exactly how I wanted it to look. One step at a time!

DSC_0173

DSC_0149

This is two coats of Ebony Hates Chris and two coats of Kaleidoscope.

In the flash you can see all that pretty multicoloured glitter just light up and sparkle... It's beautiful! I think it looks like space :)

DSC_0147DSC_0170

DSC_0157

DSC_0164


The glitter in Kaleidoscope tends to collect more at the tips so you have to be careful when applying it, otherwise you'll end up with none near the cuticle and big globs of it down at the tips of your nails. Ebony Hates Chris drags a bit so you need to use a light hand and plenty of polish on your brush, otherwise you'll end up with streaks.

Dry time on Ebony Hates Chris was really fast, about 5 minutes. Kaleidoscope was a lot longer, but I sped up the process by using my Rush topcoat. I'm actually running out of it so I need to either buy more, or another brand. The Orly Sec n Dry was a big, massive fail due to horrible shrinkage and peeling... The Rush topcoat dries really fast and doesn't cause shrinkage, but it doesn't prevent chipping well and it also tends to get sucked up by glitters and doesn't provide that really shiny, smooth surface I'm after. I think I might get a regular top coat for that smooth and shine and use the Rush topcoat over it to dry my nails quickly. I've heard a lot of good things about the Zoya system, so I might give it a go.

Well that's my mani for today :) I know I've been super boring lately with my nails and I definitely want to try out some nail art soon.. It's a learning process though and I hardly have time to sit down and do my nails, let alone do nail art!

What are you wearing on your nails today?

Ishah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...