Jun 14, 2011

Review: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils

Morning Beauties :)

I’m a lover of vibrant colours (who isn’t?), but for some reason most of my eyeshadows are on the sheer side. I guess I like the softness of it, but I do wish some of them had a bit more colour payoff.

Enter the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil.

$4.50 – From NYX Cosmetics

A radiant eye liner that also doubles as an eye shadow. Made with a blend of mineral oil and powder, our creamy Jumbo Eye Pencils glide on effortlessly—no pulling, tugging or fading—and come in a rainbow of vivid hues. Some call her chubby. We say voluptuous. Available in 28 shades.
INGREDIENTS: Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla)wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, B.H.A., Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Carmine (CI75470), Chromium Oxide Green (CI77288), Ultramarine Blue (CI77007), Ferric Ferrocyanid (CI77510), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI42090), D&C Red No.6 (CI15850), D&C Red No.7 Ca Lake (CI15850), D&C Red No.27 Al Lack (CI45410:1).

L - R: French Fries, Strawberry Milk, Milk.DSC_0179



I first heard about Milk on Clumps of Mascara, as Brittany loves using it as an eyeshadow base. It’s supposed to be great under bright colours to make them really opaque and vibrant and when I saw French Fries and Strawberry Milk, you know I couldn’t pass them up! I love my pink and gold. I got these recently in my NYX Haul.

L - R: French Fries, Strawberry Milk, Milk.
DSC_0186

L - R: French Fries, Strawberry Milk, Milk with flash
DSC_0193

The pencils are creamy and blendable and quite pigmented. They do crease a bit so make sure to wear an eyeshadow primer (I love UDPP as you’ll know from my FOTDs). I have already used French Fries under a gold shadow and it really brightened up the colour and made it pop. If you wanted to, you could even use these alone as a lid colour or liner. I also used French Fries on my lower lashline and it looked great! If you don’t have a lot of time you could just scribble it on your lid and line your lower lashline and you’re good to go :)

At $4.50 I think these are a great buy. They are an easy product to use and great for throwing in your bag and doing your makeup on the go. The one thing I don’t really like is the fact that you have to sharpen them and as they are so creamy, potentially waste product. I just wish all these kind of pencils came as a twist up.

Overall
Pros:
  • Good colour payoff
  • Creamy & blendable
  • Inexpensive
  • Quick and easy to use
  • Versatile
  • Makes eyeshadow more vibrant
Cons:
  • Can crease
  • Sharpening can waste product


Moneysaver/Timesaver?
I say BOTH. It’s cheap and quick and easy to use all at the same time.

Want/Need/No Thanks?
Need! I know I say that a lot, but I’m just starting my makeup collection :) These are perfect as an eyeshadow base and I love using them as a liner too.

Do you own any of these jumbo eye pencils? Which one is your favourite?

Ishah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...