Jun 20, 2011

Manicure Monday & Where fore art thou battery charger???

Hey Beauties!

I'm sorry for the long absence, but I have lost my camera battery charger so I've been unable to take any photos lately :( I don't really want to take review & swatch pictures with my Galaxy S because the quality just isn't the same. HOPEFULLY the charger is just in a weird random place that my kids found and thought it would be funny to stash Mama's things in.

I've been learning a lot about Photoshop lately, so I may do a few posts on that in the next week!

Today I wanted to change the look of my nails without spending too much time on them. I've been wearing Sinful Colors Social Ladder, which is a frosty nude white with a hint of pink. I wanted to cover up the few chips and tipwear, but I didn't have time to do a full mani, so I pulled out the trusty glitter.

Glitter nail polish is great for covering up chips, mistakes or tipwear and to give your 3 day old manicure a fresh new look without doing too much to them. I'm using Milani Gems from the Jewel FX collection, which is an almost exact dupe of deborah lipmann Happy Birthday.

EDIT: Added more pics because I was super lazy yesterday and only put up two!













This is Two coats of Sinful Colors Social Ladder, two coats of Milani Gems and one coat of topcoat. Gems is a chunky glitter, so if you want it super smooth, you'll have to use more than one layer of topcoat. And that's my happy little boy peering out the window behind my hand! Haha :)

My cuticles are super dry right now, that's what happens with all the dishes/laundry/cleaning up after little children I do! Sorry for that =_=;

This is a good way to liven up your look mid-week and a great timesaver. It literally took me 2 minutes and Gems dries super fast.

Do you own any of the Milani Jewel FX polishes? What do you do to freshen up your mani mid-week?

Ishah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...