Sep 3, 2012

Essie Good as Gold & Essie Stroke of Brilliance

It's Labor Day here! Happy Labor Day, to my US Beauties :)

Just a quick post to show you two Klout perks I received recently, both from the nail polish brand Essie.

Essie Good as Gold, from the Mirror Metallics collection and Stroke of Brilliance from the Luxeffects collection.



Good as Gold is a really shiny, chrome finish gold. It does show brushstrokes, so you have to be careful with application (I wasn't, very). It dries really fast, so you don't have much time to work with it. I really liked the look of Good as Gold without top coat, it was very chrome-y, almost matte and super 80s looking. It's a gorgeous colour, but a bit of a PITA to apply. This is two coats.



Stroke of Brilliance is a clear based top coat with silvery blue glitter. The glitter is a mix of small and large hex glitters and tiny round glitter. I LOVE this top coat, it's gorgeous. I am planning to use it for some jelly sandwiches soon. Application is easy, with no fishing around or placing of glitter needed. This is one coat.



I like both of these polishes and I'm so happy I got to try them out thanks to Klout!

Have a great day, if you're off work then have a fun break!

P.S. Don't forget to enter my Eclos Skincare Kit Giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. I have Stroke of Brilliance on over Essie's Playdate and I love it!  It looks great over Good as Gold. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm really loving it, can't wait to try a few different combinations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. both so pretty and its a fun mani together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...