Sep 4, 2012

Dove Daily Moisture Conditioner Review & $1000 Spafinder Sweepstakes



As Summer comes to a close and the crown of leaves start to dry up and fall from the trees, it's important to ensure that our own crowning glory (err, our hair) isn't left dried up and withered as well. All that sun, surf and (in my case) bleach can leave locks dry, frizzy and sadly lacklustre.

In a bid to fix some of the damage I've done to my poor abused, artificially sun-kissed hair, I tried out the Dove Damage Therapy Daily Moisture Conditioner.


(Came with a travel sized Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray. Very nice, not sticky at all.)

The Daily Moisture Conditioner is intended to stop future moisture loss, while leaving hair with smoothness, softness, shine and frizz control and no weight or greasiness. The formula has a patented Micro Moisture Serum which nourish hair, seals lifted cuticles and helps lock in essential moisture. You can find out more about that stuff at DoveHair.com. All I'm interested in is ... does it work?

My hair has been feeling like straw, but I just used a normal amount of the conditioner. It's creamy enough that you don't have to use a whole lot. I usually put conditioner through the lengths and ends of my hair and then comb it through my whole head, so as not to use too much on the roots and weigh them down. I left it in while I scrubbed my face and shaved my legs and did all that other girly stuff, so it had time to penetrate and nourish the hair shaft. I have quite fine hair, so a lot of moisturising conditioners can leave my hair feeling greasy and limp. I found that the Dove Daily Moisture Conditioner was nice and creamy and allowed me to comb the tangles out in the shower easily, but didn't leave residue on my hair.  The conditioner has a nice, light scent which isn't too overpowering. The scent doesn't noticeably linger after washing it out, but you can still smell it if you smell the hair closely (which is nice for snuggling).



Overall, after use my hair felt softer, smoother and less frizzy but didn't look limp or weighed down at all, which I was happy about. I didn't have super ridiculously glossy hair, but as it has been pretty fried with bleach, I wasn't expecting a miracle. I am definitely satisfied with the results, especially the fact that it doesn't make my hair limp or leave any residue.



Enter to win a $1,000 Spafinder gift certificate!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, JUST ANSWER THIS SIMPLE QUESTION:
WHAT SUMMER ACTIVITIES DO YOU DO THAT DO DAMAGE TO YOUR HAIR?

COMMENTS TO THIS POST ARE NOT SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR ENTRY METHODS FOR THIS SWEEPSTAKES.

You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:

a) Follow this link, and provide your email address and your response to the Promotion prompt

b) Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: "#SweepstakesEntry"; and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that Tweet.

c) Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that post.

This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. Winners will have 72 hours to claim the prize, or an alternative winner will be selected.

The Official Rules are available here.

This sweepstakes runs from 9/4/2012 - 9/30/2012

Be sure to visit Dove®Hair.com to get a coupon for $1.50 off Dove Hair Therapy products.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...