Jan 25, 2013

Flower BB Cream Shade BB3 - Swatches and First Impressions

Recently I purchased the Flower Cosmetics by Drew Barrymore BB Cream from Walmart.com. As I was buying it from a website and it's pretty brand new, I didn't have any swatches to go off, so I just bought the shade I thought would be closest to my skintone. Most BB Creams are on the light side, so I thought Shade 3 would be ok, unfortunately I was wrong! Keep scrolling for product pictures and swatches.

From Walmart.com:

Flower Beauty Balm BB Cream can be used daily to eliminate skin dullness. It covers imperfections, pores and discolorations.
Flower Beauty Balm BB Cream - $12.98:
  • Smoothes and softens skin
  • Helps eliminate unwanted shine
  • Primer, foundation, and concealer in 1
  • Fragrance free
  • Paraben free
  • Talc free
Flower BB Cream Shade BB3
Flower BB Cream Shade BB3
L: BB Cream not blended, R: BB Cream partially blended
 As you can see, it's way too dark for me. Maybe I would use this shade in Summer if I had a tan, but right now I'd look like an extra from Jersey Shore if I tried to rock it on my face. As a result, I can't really review it properly, but I will give you my first impressions:

  • Dries soft and matte, like a velvety powder.
  • Very slight shimmer, but not overwhelming or glittery looking.
  • Feels creamy, but not super moisturising. Very dry skin might need moisturiser underneath.
  • Quite long lasting and transfer resistant. This BB Cream wont rub off easily.
  • No greyish cast or oxidization - this is probably because it lacks SPF protection :(
  • No strong scent. Very light powder smell, totally non-irritating.
  • Very pigmented, this is not just a tinted moisturiser like most Western 'BB Creams', it's a foundation.
One great thing about my mistake on the shade is that I now know they do have shades for darker skinned ladies! I am close to NC35 usually, and this one is definitely too dark for me. There is also a shade darker than this one, BB4, so they've done a better job of providing some options for darker skin than a lot of the other Western companies. I will be purchasing BB2 and trying that one out to see if it is closer to my skintone :)

5 comments:

  1. I have been curious about this new line! The BB cream does sound like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser, Shade 3 is darker than I had imagined. I was dying to hear about the BB cream and how it actually performed so now thanks to your review I want it!! It is a shame it doesn't have the sun protection because that instantly makes it not a BB cream for me (as well as lacking the skin care elements). But still, I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's definitely a great all in one foundation, but I guess we're still waiting for a true BB cream to hit the Western market!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that it's pigmented and full coverage like an Eastern BB Cream, but I hate the lack of SPF. Why do so many American companies miss that BB Creams are supposed to be - full coverage, multi-functional, SPF, products?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, exactly! It's like they missed the whole point of a BB cream.. The weird thing is that certain brands, like Maybelline, have Asia specific BB Creams that ARE actually more than just a tinted moisturiser, but they chose not to follow that formula when they brought them out in Western countries.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...