Jan 27, 2013

Rant: Textured Polish, or 'WTF... is that concrete on your nails?'

Ok, I'm all for new and different nail polish innovations, but sometimes a brand brings out something that has me scratching my head and wondering "Are they serious?".

The past few years have been a big one for textured nail polish. We've been through the crackle phase, the matte phase, the caviar phase, the velvet phase, and now we're seeing other kinds of textures popping up from some of the big brands. The most exciting right now IMO is the 'liquid sand' textured glitter polishes. I think these look pretty cool, but they are definitely a 'love it or hate it' type of polish. Nails Inc has brought out a few different kinds of textures, the Leather Effect, the Feather polishes and now this:

Source: Nails Inc

CONCRETE EFFECT POLISH. Yes, I said concrete. People actually want to put something that looks like concrete on their nails.

From the Nails Inc website:

Texture is set to be a big nail trend for 2013. Nail this look with our ground breaking Concrete nail polish range. The innovative formulation creates a unique concrete style texture that will give you a bold, rugged finish.
Concrete is available in four electric colours, each packaged in a limited edition bottle with unique textured cap.
ROFL, 'bold, rugged finish' though? I'm sorry, I'm sure there are plenty of you that love this kind of textured polish, but I just can't jump on the bandwagon. I LOVE Nails Inc and they are definitely an innovator, but sometimes I feel like polish companies come out with these new textures just as a gimmick. It's like they'll just make anything into a textured polish. What's next? Dirt polish? I'm interested to see how popular these Concrete polishes are and how many different polish brands will come out with their own versions.






If you want to see some close up swatches of these Concrete effect polishes, check this post out. Honestly, I think it looks like you pressed your wet nail polish into a fluffy towel or something O_O I really can't understand how anyone could find this look appealing at all. I thought the Leather effect polish was kinda cool, but this one seriously looks like that ugly popcorn ceiling you get in 70s housing designs. You know, the kind they always scrape off when renovating because it's SO DAMN UGLY. Not super flattering in my opinion, but to each their own I guess!

What do you think? Are you loving the Concrete or not so much?

1 comment:

  1. Those are awesome nail polish! I love them. Super cool! :) -http://www.jcconcretepolishing.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...