Jan 2, 2013

Parnevu T-Tree Spray Glosser & Leave-In Conditioner

Since my hair is still pretty dry from being bleached, I'm still looking for products that will restore moisture and reduce frizz. I've had these products from Parnevu for a while and have been meaning to test them out and review them. Time has been getting away from me recently, but here it is finally!

Tea tree oil is widely used in Australia, so I have used it (in products and in it's pure form) many times before. It is an anti-bacterial so I can believe that it will help prevent/reduce flaking and itching as both of these products claim. I don't usually have much of either, but I can say it didn't irritate my scalp at all.

I shampooed my hair, but didn't condition. I towel-dried and then worked the Leave-In Conditioner through the mid-lengths and ends. I combed it through and then applied the Spray Glosser to my still damp hair and worked it through to the ends using my fingers.

Spray Glosser
Parnevu Spray Glosser

From the Parnevu Website:


PARNEVU T-Tree Spray Glosser is a SUPER lightweight, non-greasy formula that lubricates the hair with Australian Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia), helping reduce itching and flaking. Great to use on dry, damaged hair, leaving it smooth and shiny. Use for extra control around the edges, quickly controlling frizz and flyaways.
This unique glosser:
  • Fights frizz
  • Provides long-lasting shine
  • Helps reduce itching and flaking
Directions for Use: As a styling product, spray 2-3 pumps into hands and work through damp hair. Apply more as needed to roller set or blow dry hair. For daily styling and added gloss, spray directly on the hair and style as desired.
Price: $6.50 Size: 4 fl. oz. / 118 ml.

INGREDIENTS: Isododecane, Isopropyl Myristate NF, Dimethicone, Liquid Shea Butter, Fragrance, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk.

My thoughts: Smells like cherry, smoothed and softened without getting greasy. Diffused my frizz a bit and defined my curls, but didn't give a lot of 'gloss', although my hair is quite light and doesn't usually show much shine. Can be a bit heavy for fine hair if you use too much.



Leave-In Conditioner
Parnevu Leave-In Conditioner

From the Parnevu Website:


Use PARNEVU T-Tree Leave-In Conditioner to help achieve total hair and scalp health. It is uniquely formulated to penetrate, heal and moisturize dry, damaged hair and flaky, itchy scalp. Regular use promotes the natural healing process for total hair and scalp health.
This leave-in conditioner helps:
  • Lock in moisture
  • Prevent flakes and itching
  • Strengthen hair
Directions for Use: Daily Conditioning - Apply a small amount to the palms of hands. Rub hands together and distribute evenly from roots to ends. Style as usual. Leave-In Treatment - After shampooing, apply a generous amount to the palms of hands. Rub hands together and distribute evenly from roots to ends. Reapply as needed and comb through for even distribution. Leave in to style and dry hair as usual. Excellent for natural, relaxed, pressed, curls, or color-treated hair.
Price $6.00 Size: 12 fl. oz. / 354 ml.

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua, Eau), Mineral oil (Paraffinum liquidum, Huile minerale), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Menthol, Camphor, Fragrance (parfum), Citric acid, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydatoin.

My thoughts: smells fruity like pineapple and coconut at first, but once you rub it together in your hands, you can smell the tea tree oil. Quite creamy, but seemed to absorb into hair quickly and didn't really help much with detangling which you would usually expect from a leave in conditioner. I used quite a bit, about two quarter sized dollops (that's like a 50c piece in Australia).


This is the end result on my hair. Overall not bad, but I have to be light handed with the Spray Glosser or it can make my strands a bit stringy. This is normal for my wispy fine hair though, I usually have to be super light with glossing or anti frizz serums, or risk looking like an oil slick.

I quite liked using the products, they smoothed and softened my hair pretty well and I think they would be great for people who get a flaky or itchy scalp. It would also probably work perfectly for coarser or thicker hair than mine. My hair is REALLY fine and weighed down easily. Is it my new HG product? Probably not. But it's a decent range of products that are inexpensive and work pretty well.



Disclosure: Products received for honest review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...