Jan 11, 2013

Spring Trend: Bright & Floral Nail Art

Yes, it's still the middle of Winter. But I live in Southern California, I laugh at Winter! Ha!

It's been warming up around these parts lately, so I was in the mood to do a Spring inspired manicure. Brights, pastels and florals are always big in Spring and this season will be no different. I actually picked up the two polishes I used in the clearance section at Target, as they're from L'Oreal's collection last Spring.

Boozy Brunch & Penthouse Pink.

I was debating on which polish to use first, when I thought hey, why not use both? I decided to do this bright twist on the usual pastel or vintage style of floral nail art. This is my first attempt at floral print and I'm happy with the results.




I did 2 coats of Penthouse Pink except on the ring finger. For the accent nail I did 2 coats of Boozy Brunch, then used my dotting tool to do little rose shaped blobs with Penthouse Pink and used a nail art brush from Born Pretty to do the silver accents (Wet n Wild Metallica) and green leaves (Sinful Colors Open Seas). I think I should've used another shade of darker pink, or maybe black for the rose accents, but I just had the silver on hand so I used it.

It's not perfect, but I think it's pretty good for my first attempt! My husband said it looked like a sticker, I was like "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED".


I can pretty much guarantee that we'll be seeing a lot more florals, pastels and bright colours this Spring, including Nail Art! I think this is a fun way to do all three trends at once!

2 comments:

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...