Jan 23, 2013

Maybelline Vivids lipstick! Electric Orange and Shocking Coral.

Prepare to feel like you've been punched in the eye by some shockingly bright, super opaque lipsticks! When I first saw press pictures and the first swatches of these lipsticks floating around, I knew I had to get my hands on some. I love bright lipstick and these are such fun, Spring and Summer-like hues. I give you the crazy gorgeous Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids lipstick in Electric Orange and Shocking Coral..

Even the packaging is ridiculously bright.
Electric Orange and Shocking Coral
Electric Orange and Shocking Coral

Ok, let me summarise. They're creamy, they're pigmented, they have a satiny finish and they don't feel drying at all - you might wear lip balm underneath if you have very dry lips, but it's not a must. I actually wiped my lips with a dry tissue (couldn't find my makeup wipes) in between swatches and then applied the lipstick, and it didn't give me any issues with dryness at all. They have a light, creamy sweet scent which isn't strong enough to be irritating. They don't really stain, but wear very well, I had mine on for a good 5 hours and then took it off because I was going to bed and it had basically no wear. I'm sure it could have lasted for much longer! I'm in love with the shades I got and you can apply them lightly for a nice pop of colour or put on a few more layers for an insane bright almost neon look. The swatches below are 2-3 swipes of the lipsticks.
L: Electric Orange, R: Shocking Coral

Electric Orange

Electric Orange is a bright, juicy OJ type of shade, a true orange, which was hard for my camera to capture. I love how vibrant and ORANGE this looks, some oranges can be dull and reddish, which looks a bit dated. This one is fresh and delicious!

Shocking Coral

 Shocking Coral is a yellowy bright pink, definitely a pinker coral rather than peach or orange. I am obsessed with pink of all shades, and this one can still be feminine and girly while bringing a bit of a modern edgy feel to your look.

Electric Orange
Shocking Coral
My camera spazzed a bit trying to capture the awesomeness, so I had to colour correct a bit to get closer the true shade. That's why my hair randomly looks two different colours in the pictures above =_=
I really LOOOOVE these lipsticks and I am planning to pick up a few more soon. I already got Hot Plum, after seeing a picture Maybelline retweeted of a girl around my skintone wearing it. I will definitely be posting a FOTD with it soon! If you aren't afraid of colour, these are some absolutely gorgeous lipsticks in a wide range of shades that definitely has something for every skintone. If you prefer something more subtle, I will have a few swatches and comparisons of the Maybelline Color Whisper lip colors soon, so keep an eye out!

Have you tried any of the Maybelline VIvids? Are you a bright and punchy, or a soft and subtle type?

4 comments:

  1. Jennie Johansson1/23/2013 12:47 PM

    They are awsome! Thanx for tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie Johansson1/25/2013 9:04 AM

    OMG Ishah, you´re a great rapper!! "Feelin it" got straight in! ^^/ WOHO I share your page on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha thank you :) that's me and my (now) husband. Back when we were internet friends lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...