Jan 12, 2013

The YSL Glossy Stain dupe: L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain.


I had heard a lot of great things about the YSL Glossy Stain, but you know me.. if there's a cheaper drugstore alternative then so much the better. As much as I'd love to buy high end makeup all the time, sometimes the budget just doesn't allow for it! Although, sometimes I think even if I had a lot of money it'd be hard for me to use something expensive.. I'd want to hoard it lol (I'm cheap at heart). The L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain has been touted as an almost exact dupe for YSL's Glossy Stain, so I decided to scoop up two of the shades and try it out. The shades I got are Stubborn Plum and Rose On and On. I have sooooo many pinks, so I thought I'd try something different for once lol.

The packaging of the L'Oreal Shine Stain is gold like YSL's and looks nice, but feels a little plastic-y and retains fingerprint smudges like a b*^&! The applicator looks very similar to the YSL one and feels very plush. 


Stubborn Plum
Rose On and On
L: Stubborn Plum, R: Rose On and On

They go on a little sheer, but a couple of swipes produced a nice amount of colour. The staining property of the gloss is pretty great, this photo below is after I had rubbed it repeatedly with a makeup remover wipe.

L: Stubborn Plum, R: Rose On and On
Stubborn Plum
Rose On and On
Stubborn Plum
Rose On and On
The Shine Stain goes on as a gloss and dries to a satiny finish, still somewhat glossy but not super shiny. It has a strong floral sweet scent that fades after application, but may bother you at first if you're sensitive to strong scents. The glossy feel lasted a good 5 hours and through drinking, but not through eating. The colour from the stain lasted well, through eating, although it did fade a little. It wears evenly though, so you aren't left with a weird lipliner look after a few hours. I have heard some of the shades are more pigmented than others, these two went on somewhat sheer, but I was able to build up the colour just using one coat from the applicator, no need to dip into the gloss a second time. I have quite pigmented lips, so I was worried that the colour wouldn't be opaque enough, but both shades showed up quite nicely.

I think I will enjoy using the L'Oreal Color Caresse Wet Shine Stain quite often, as I love lipglosses and I love lip stains and this little amalgamation is a great product for the price. I got mine for $7.99 at Target, although prices vary.

6 comments:

  1. I have the lilac one, and was hoping for more of a color like stubborn plum! Great swatches! They are both gorgeous on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both look good on you but that Rose really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) I really like them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are kidding me? I love the YSL Glossy Stain and haven't seen these from L'Oreal yet. I need to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely do! Let me know how you like them if you try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wanted to try these because I love my YSL glossy stain, and a cheaper alternative is always a bonus! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...